Course Extinct
Hico, WV
Songer Whitewater New River Gorge Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #4 (Taken 7/2012)
Hole #4 Approach

Nothing special

1    5/12/2009   5/14/2009
Review By: SomeChump
Pros: Some fun holes
Cons: Long walks between holes, notably #1-#2 and #15-16. Throwing through tent sites on at least one hole. Tees suck.
Other Thoughts: I only played the "front nine" (1-3 and 13-18) due to some time limitations. 8 of those 9 holes were a straight shot, some quite short. Tricky to figure out the first hole. Find the mailbox. Then throw across the left side of the lake. Signs are decent after that.

1    6/29/2008   7/11/2008
Review By: PhattD
This review was updated on 1/27/2010
Pros: About the best thing I can say for this course is it has potential. The terrain is well suited for a course and the people are very nice and helpful. I switched the descripton to moderately hilly because it seemed more accurate, It could only be considered mostly flat by a mountaineer.
Cons: The number one con to this course is that it doesn't appear to get played very often. As a result the fairways are very overgrown and if you have an errant throw bring a machete. The bugs were so bad I was wiping gnats out of my eyes to throw. I'm guessing fall would be more pleasant. Hole 1 had a tent pitched within 20' of the basket, their car wasn't much further. Hole 2 was a long open field with plenty of picnic table obstacles. Tee pads ranged from poor to downright dangerous, #3 slopes down hill, is short, and has a line of half buried cinder blocks to denote the front edge. One of the baskets was 5' off the ground.
Other Thoughts: If you're in the area sto by otherwise skip it. I decided to up my rating due to some of the other reviews. I initially reviewed it because no one else had. When I played it last it looked like it had lots of potential so I am working on the assumption that it has improved. I wil likely never be in the area to play it again so I thought it unfair to leave my poor rating up there.