Hutchinson, MN
South Park Share
Uploaded By: Krakken88 Hole #6 (Taken 7/2010)

Good for beginners.

5+    6/23/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: Money_Shot
This review was updated on 8/5/2015
Pros: -Fairly nice city park, great for a stroll through the park while playing.
-Nice if you are taking the girlfriend out for a casual round of fun.
-Well maintained park
-brick tees make your footwork easy.
-Scattered, large trees make it just enough to have something to throw around.
-slight elevation adds to the challenge on some holes.
-Good course for those of all skill levels. Just enough distance to potentially satisfy a more advanced player
-The course flows well enough to keep groups moving, resulting in rare occurrences of waiting around or having a gallery of people behind you.

Cons: -Not much of a challenge.
-No water
-Fairly basic course, containing sporadic trees and some hills

Other Thoughts: I love to disc golf but this course leaves plenty to be desired in general. Great course for a beginner in a clean park, but a more experienced thrower will likely find this course more casual practice than worth going out of the way for.

Update: The more I throw this course the more I find myself enjoying having a course that doesn't require looking around for a disc or trudging through thick underbrush. As my local course, I definitely find it easier to go out here without having to compensate extra time for unaccounted for hold ups. Plenty of people come out to play this course, however, I have never really found myself waiting a whole lot. All in all I have decided to bump my rating .5 as I am finding a new found enjoyment throwing it. I still would not recommend driving too far out of your way just to play the course, but those in the surrounding area should definitely come give it a shot.

Decent

2-4    9/9/2008   3/29/2009
Review By: jonas
Pros: Fun easy course with a decent amount of trees and obstacles.
Cons: All holes seem to be the same, there is no really difference in distance and they are mostly straight.
Other Thoughts: If in Hutchinson, this park is a great place to spend an afternoon.