Temple, TX
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #5

Out In The Open

1    9/26/2012   9/26/2012
Review By: bogeymanjr
Pros: This course features 18 holes of good practice disc golf. I appreciated the fact that the course was mowed and manicured, excepting the weeds around the currently dry creek. It would be easy to lose a disc if a person were not careful with their throws. There are long tees as well as short tees. The only problem I could see was the wind and it was blowing this day. Very few obstacles to stand in your way. A good place to air some discs. I had few problems with navigation. I only consulted my map only once. That was for going between holes 6 & 7. My favorite hole here was 8. Long tee, you had to throw across the creek twice while getting over all the weeds. Short tee, just once. And the basket was protected by a big tree that has to be gotten around. Plenty of trash cans and interesting layout overall.
Cons: Too open and too easy in most respects. This course is an excellent practice course, especially for beginners to learn the game. I just cannot see where this would be much of a challenge for anyone above intermediate ranking. This course would benefit greatly if some weeds were mowed down around the creek area.
Other Thoughts: As I have mentioned before, this is a good practice course to get some good drives in. Lots of ace and birdie opportunities from the short tees. I just could not justify more than a 2.5 for this course.