Vineland, NJ
South Vineland Park Share
Uploaded By: nuisance Hole #6 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #6 White Tee

We had fun

1    6/14/2014   6/15/2014
Review By: PhillyPhan69
This review was updated on 7/19/2014
Pros: A course in Cumberland County! I like wooded courses. Some very tight and challenging holes for a semi newbie. You will need patience to play this course or you will not have much fun. Very tight heavily wooded fairways, a few gullys to throw across, a good variety of distance with a few open holes thrown in for good measure.
Cons: Not visitor friendly (It might take a few minutes to find the start point...just prior to the parking area on the left. and be prepared to circle back if you miss a hole because half of the holes do not give directions to the next. Short tees have no pads.
Other Thoughts: Not sure about trash? I have seen a review where it says it was, but it was very clean today with an occasional bottle or piece of litter but very nice. Beautiful park even outside of the disc golf area. Bring the family and spend the day. Bring bug spray, they were not a major nuisance but they were a minor headache. It was very, very, windy today and some holes are difficult for someone like myself with a weaker arm...but overall I hope to hit this course monthly when we return to visit family.

*** On a second trip July 16-17, I found myself slightly disappointed and have lowered my rating from a 3.5 to a 3. This course is still fun as has a lot of promise with a little work. I really like the work out the terrain allows....however I did encounter a lot more trash this time particularly hole 11 which looks like some druken fisherman or local tees made the pad their local party place, shirts, cans, bottle etc. Hole 12 has an arrow that directs to the next tee that does not even point in the right direction (thanks). Holes 17-18 are about waist high in weeds so even if you know where your disc went it is not fun trecking to go get it, not to mention those 10,000 little black things embedded in my shoelaces and socks...not sure what they were? Once again I have played this course 3 times and never once seen another disc golfer out here, although the park seems to get plenty of visitors daily. So maybe there are no local here anyway? Another bummer was on back to back days the beautiful park with restrooms, had their restrooms locked....a shame I had to eave mid game and run down to Sherman Ave and hit a Wawa....I wouldn't have returned at all, but was having a solid game and couldn't bring myself to quit...Oh well.....a few improvements needed but still a fun course to play

South Jersey Open

1    11/17/2012   5/20/2013
Review By: owvanguard
Pros: This is a technical tight course that utilizes many different elements forcing accuracy on some holes and distance on others.
Cons: Dirt pad tee boxes.
The over water shots can lead to lost discs
One short hole has an extremely tight tube to shoot through.
Other Thoughts: Some shorts over large water and many risk reward options.

C'mon!

5+    5/23/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: BigJ198
Pros: Trees, Elevation and a Lake! All of the things to make a great course! Nice location (didn't need to pack heat) Course gets better each time I visit from out-of-state. Hole 17: Beautiful!
Cons: Use the freakin' lake! For a finishing hole, 18 is a boring bomb. Anyone can put a basket and tee at opposite ends of a field. And what happened to the uphill shot on the backside followed by the downhill throw over a part of the lake? These were two great holes that needed only baskets to make them perfect.
Other Thoughts: There is so much area that need to be utilized better.

Scrap # 1 and #18.
This opens up the two on the backside that got taken out during the conversion to baskets. # 17 can now be #18; a great finishing hole. Perhaps, the signature hole for this course.
Unless with further design we get a super bomb across the section of lake visible beyond the current 17 basket. (from right to left with a basket near the current long tee for 18) There's room for 27 holes here....is that the plan?

Unfinished Business

1    4/18/2009   4/23/2009
Review By: simpletwist
Pros: Interesting and challenging front 9. Not quite pitch and putt. We played only from the whites. Not crowded for mid day on a Saturday. Most tees were fairly easy to find and each basket had an arrow pointing you in the direction of the next tee box.
Cons: Some tee boxes are difficult to find, but the map helps. A lot of idiots in the parking lot of this multi use park. Driving at reckless speeds in the parking lot with dozens of small children wandering about.
Other Thoughts: I had the whole family, I mean the whole family with me; my three kids, their spouses and my grand kids. Also my wife and my step son. 14 of us altogether! Only 4 of us were actually throwing discs. Unfortunately we had to leave before we finished our round, hence the unfinished business. Some benches and trash cans at or near the tee boxes would not only make them a little easier to find but are always a welcome sight to take a quick break. Looking forward to my next trip to NJ to finish a complete round at this fun little course.