Spring, TX
Spring Valley DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #9 (Taken 8/2009)
3 / 384ft.   3 / 192ft.   3 / 192ft.   3 / 284ft. Par / Distance:
Hole F8 / T8

Only course ive lost a disc..

2-4    3/24/2011   5/23/2011
Review By: shawnsink
Pros: This course is beast! Power 9 has some brutally long holes...hole 1 is 936 ft...take that as a good or bad...finesse 18 is a super fun technical course in the woods,times ive been out there,i didnt have to wait on anyone or vise versa.
Cons: The water hazards(when we actually get rain) are pretty brutal...hole 1 of the power 9 has a pond next to it on the left and a retention pond on the right...i was weary since it was my third time ever playing DG but i did ok...untill i got to finesse hole 1...ricked off a tree straight into the creek..alot of walking involved with this course too hah
Other Thoughts: overall one of my favorite course to play..its well kept..its only 3 bucks to play and the pro shop is nice.a couple hole can be frustrating but thats to keep ya on your toes! haha

Greatness!

5+    4/29/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: MrNiceFella
Pros: Elevation changes are very hard to find in Houston but this course has them. Course is well designed, clearly marked, well kept, and has tons of holes. Tee pads are top knotch! The pro shop has mountains of discs to choose from too!
Cons: Golfers are not always very courteous of disc golfers. Make sure and make your presence known and that you have as much of a right to be there as they do.
Other Thoughts: This is my personal favorite course in the Houston area. It is challenging enough to push my limits without being so challenging that I end up frustrated.

Has grown on me

2-4    11/17/2010   11/19/2010
Review By: coyotepower
Pros: Deep in the woods. Total seclusion. Perfect serenity of the great outdoors. Rarely have to wait for others. Awesome holes, Lots of challenges, tough course!
Cons: Long walk to F1, signage is a big confusing on 9-18 of the Finesse course.
Other Thoughts: First time I played this course I swore I would never return. Not only was it pay to play, but I lost several discs. But that was then, and 3 years later I am a much better player with far greater tools in the bag and a better understanding of the game. Now, I appreciate it for the challenge it provides after becoming complacent at moffit, jester, macgreggor,etc. Played here the other day and it was simply perfect - the terrain is still rough, but it is how DG is meant to be. I would almost call this course Houston's version of the Circle C in Austin. I hope whoever buys this place keeps the DG tradition and course alive!!!

Great, well organized course!

2-4    6/14/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: rbsold
Pros: Such a good course, Only got to play the finesse 18 though. Great signage and tee boxes. Very good mix of holes, elevation, distance and very wooded. I carry around 15 discs, and I used pretty much every single one. Also, can't stress enough how great having an on site pro shop is. The pro shop has everything you need. Also, unlike a lot of courses, there is water, which adds a nice rush to the game.
Cons: hate competing with ball golfers, but thats just the real life of a disc golfer. Wish the pro shop carried latitude 64 as well. But still is great, beggars cant be choosers. I wish they would also incorporate longer holes in the finesse course considering the power 9 is closed on weekends. Would have like to stretch some of my big gun drivers out.
Other Thoughts: The owners are really nice. It is 3 dollars to play. Also, there is a practice putting area. This place is MONEY! go play today!

A Pro Course In Every Sense

5+    9/12/2009   9/26/2009
Review By: SpringDgLover
Pros: Located on and around a well kept secluded 9 hole ball golf course north of Houston in Spring, Texas. This course represents everything great about the disc golf scene on the north side of town. The first thing you will find is a fantastic pro shop decked out with any disc you could want from every major disc producer. A friendly helpful staff mans this fine shop and their love for the game is evident in everything they do. Make sure to pick up a map on your way out as this course has the widest variety of layouts and holes you will find in the Houston area. As you walk out you will find two practice baskets about 100 feet apart where you can practice all sorts of upshots and putts. I believe the baskets are Mach 3's, in great condition and do a decent job of catching discs. Each and every hole has a great concrete teepad and are marked by tee signs with distances and their alternate hole numbers (as mentioned in previous reviews this course has 3 different configurations, so pay close attention to where you are and what config your playing). The first tee you will find is Power 1 which sits atop a hill and is a 943 foot monster down and an actual ball golf fairway. It looks like a pretty simple shot down the hill for a first drive but beware this hole eats discs either by devouring them in the large pond to the left or the other pond to the right, your shot selection and execution better be spot on if you want to score well. This hole is a perfect microcosm for this course. Every hole represents the perfect balance of risk vs. reward and they challenge you to make the right decision or pay the consequences. There are many memorable holes on this course but for me the two that stand out the most are Finesse holes 4 and 18. I heard one Open player tell me hole 4 is the signature hole for this course and I could not agree more. It is over a well landscaped beautiful peace of land right next to Spring Creek. It requires a perfect sidearm or annyhyzer drive for birdie and is one of my all time favorite holes. 18 on the other hand is a great equalizer hole and getting a 3 is a triumph and something I have only done once, it is one of the most challenging holes Ive ever played. I can not overstate how well this course is kept and has only gotten better as time has gone by. This is a pro level course and the difficulty will test you in ways you wouldn't expect. If your dominating Bear Branch get out to Spring Valley it will humble you quickly.
Cons: There isn't a whole lot of bad I can mention when it comes to this course. Keep in mind before going that this is a pay to play course, but as they say you get what you pay for and this course is definitely worth every penny. I think the one thing I dislike the most about this course is the walk out to the course and the walk back from it. The distance you walk on this course is LONG and expect a good walk out to Finesse 1 and long walk back from Finesse 18. The course is along a creek and in is some dense woods. It has quite a few water hazards including ponds and sink holes and the rough can be very dense. Be prepared to do some digging or fishing for discs if you go off the beaten path.
Other Thoughts: I had been holding off reviewing this course for a while. The first time I played it, it ate my lunch and I think if I had reviewed it then I would have given it a much lower score. But as I have played it more, I have grown to appreciate it for being a challenging, well thought out, brilliant course. This place has so much variety and that's not even including the "dirty holes" that locals have come up with.When you head out there for the first time see if you cant get a local (or me) to show you these brutal alternates. Regardless of how you choose to attack this course you will be pleased with what you find. An exceptional pro level disc golf course and one of the best I've ever played.

Amazing...

5+    6/30/2009   7/9/2009
Review By: davidlbeadle
Pros: This course is challenging, but it is challenging AND fun. The power holes are simply clever, and the finesse holes are genius. Every shot counts, because this course will eat anyone alive. Some shots look impossible at first. The pro shop is awesome, with just about every disc you need.
Cons: On the power holes, you have to keep an eye out for golf balls, because both share the green. getting from one finesse hole to another can be a little confusing at first. I would have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to think of any more cons.
Other Thoughts: Only a couple of holes into this course, and anyone can see that major planning went into the design. If anyone is wanting to prepare for a major tournament, this is the course to do so. There is a good amount of holes for every shot. The green fee is more than worth it. Favorite course!

Spring on over to Spring Valley

5+    4/20/2006   5/21/2009
Review By: sam_puck
Pros: Clean, well maintained course. 28 holes played in different orders. Great, rubber tee boxes. Pro shop has a good selections and gives good advice.
Cons: Ball golfers! Confusing layout at times. I heard they did away with the golf carts and the beer! It's been awhile since I played it. That sucks! Poison Ivy, coral snakes, mosquito, can't get your disc out of the drink!
Other Thoughts: I used to love this course, I hope it hasn't changed too much.

Challenging, Long, Well-rounded Course

6/15/2008   6/16/2008
Review By: White Lobster
Pros: Very challenging and lengthy. This course provides holes to challenge strength and finesse. It also has enough length to give a descent workout. The Power 9 are beautiful and well-maintained and great water hazards, including a large creek, throughout the course add to the scenery.
Cons: The course is not forgiving to bad shots especially hole 1 on the finesse course (this is where I lost a frisbee). The pro actually told me to watch out for this hole, now i know why. Some of the course lacks greenery and could potentially become a mud trap so be careful if there has been heavy rain previous to your trip. Also be careful of snakes, I saw a cotton mouth on my trip. Since there are so many holes on this course navigating them can be tricky, so follow your course map carefully. I played some holes out of order the first time i was here but this last time i found the map easier to follow.
Other Thoughts: One of the best features of this course is the pro-shop. It has one of the best disc selections in the Houston area and the pro can provide some beneficial input to you disc golf questions. Also they have refreshments to beat the HOT Houston weather.