1 Helpful / 0 Not
Home Course Review (with 2010 update)
Pros: - A great deal of variety...will use almost every shot in your bag at least once.
- Well maintained and cared for. City does a great job of staying on top of mowing, and 3-4 community volunteers keep on top of branches and litter.
- Parking in gravel lot (6-8 spaces) approximately 150 feet from the Hole 1 tee. Parking in paved parking lot (150+ spaces) is also available across Cass Avenue, approximately 500 feet from Hole 1 tee
Cons: - Still a work in progress. Holes 13&14 do not yet have signs by any of their tees, and many of the 24 total tee boxes do not yet have signs either.
- Short course. Only one or maybe two holes where you can air it out (350-450).
- Ample sharing of space with local trails system...although a great deal of effort has gone into making sure that players have sight lines off the tee to know to wait if bikers/pedestrians are coming. Despite this fact, holes 1, 2 and 8 can still be trouble, if one isn't careful.
Other Thoughts: Springfield is a course to work your short game, with lots of tight windows to hit off the tee. There are three pronounced hyzers and anhyzers (something for LH and RH players), and five of the baskets are not visible off the Pro/Long tees.
2010 Update: I wanted to improve my rating from 3.0 to 3.5 for the course one year after my initial review...and share several improvements that have been made in 2010:
- New Pro/Tourney tees added for Holes 2, 4 and 8.
- Improvements made to tees for Holes 6, 9 and 14.
- Hole 3 has been completely redesigned, which makes it a better hole.
- Money has now been secured for new signage...to address some of the lingering problems for newcomers in locating the Hole 13 tees. New signage will go in the ground in the Spring of 2011 for these (and other) tees.
Still lots on the course's To Do List...but it is coming around rather nicely the past few years.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Pros: -Nice signs with distance, map and sponsor for each hole.
-Quality Innova baskets with yellow tops so you can see them well.
-Good use of the land overall, river, pond and woods come into play.
-Some fun and almost ridiculous blind tees.
-Two short but challenging and fun wooded holes.
Cons: -A few short and open holes.
-Not a ton of distance.
-Bike path goes right through the course, I almost hit people twice and I was being careful. They just get hidden around corners or behind trees.
-You have to park across the river and walk to the course but it isn't that bad.
-Like the course info said the wind is always bad here.
-The flow wasn't the best. You have to cross the road twice and if you don't know where to go you have to look around a bit.
Other Thoughts: A decent course overall. League alternates between here and Redwood Falls every wednesday night. For more info on the locals and leagues go to southernmndga.com. And remember to check and double check for those bikers and walkers on the paths.
There is a 13th basket but I didn't see a tee so I ended my round at 12.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.