Mobile, AL
Springhill Hobbit DGC Share

Not a Summer Course!!!

2-4    8/2/2011   8/3/2011
Review By: AvengerTruth
Pros: Elevation!!! The holes on top of the hills can really make you feel like a man if you let loose on them. Also mostly open so you can feel free to crank on some drives without fear of losing your disc to the woods(for the most part). There is a pretty large water hazard, which I visited my first trip here (RIP Avenger SS, names on it if washes up, call me!!). It has a pretty good cushion between it and the course though to prevent losing discs unless you really mess up (this guy)
Cons: THE GRASS!!!!! It was the only place to find shade, it was THAT high. The only reason I would suggest going to this place in the summer is to find potential lost discs in the forest that is the "field". The tee box for #2 was extremely dangerous and horribly overgrown. Not to mention almost impossible to find, as is the rest of the course due to lack of signage.
Other Thoughts: This course is not far from me loving it. Just needs a good grass cutting more than once a year. Would like to see some kind of signage put up for newcomers to this course and some better tee boxes. This place just needs somebody who cares about it. Until then I will stick to my home course in Fairhope and keep my Mobile trips to USA, Bogue, Chickasaw and Cottage Hill

In Need of Help

8/9/2008   8/9/2008
Review By: scottpguthrie
Pros: Easy access in the city
Cons: Poor layout. Run down. No signs.
Other Thoughts: Worst course I've ever played. My friends and I gave up navigation after 3 holes. You'd be better off going out to a field and throwing.