Appling, GA
IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #5 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #5 Blue Tee

Dissapointment

2-4    8/13/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: Redneck Machismo
This review was updated on 5/19/2009
Pros: The only pro I can really come up with is that some of the holes might have potential if dozens of trees were removed. UPDATE 5/19/09, after playing the course again recently it seemed slightly better than before. I think it is just because I am getting more used to playing unfair courses. As a result I have increased my rating from zero to one.
Cons: This course simply is too tight and unfair. It really is unplayable and is an extreme disappointment. It is not near any town and I have personally seen people leave in frustration. This is the type of course that a 900 rated player and a 1000 rated player can play the same depending on luck. I hate the idea of throwing a perfect shot only to have it hit a twig on a tree that you couldn't even see from the tee and watching your disc fly into the lake. One can throw good shots and still make double digit numbers on several of these holes.
Other Thoughts: This land is really not conducive to having a disc golf course unless literally hundreds of trees are removed. I will say that the W.R. Jackson course is slightly more playable but overall the IDGC should not have been built on this property.