Appling, GA
IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #6 (Taken 10/2011)

< Prev 1 2 3
IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial

1    11/9/2014   11/11/2014
Review By: craigd
Pros: I didn't know Steady Ed personally but I would have to imagine he would be proud of his memorial course that calls the IDGC home. While there are two other courses on the property, this course is arguably the most popular and maybe the most fun.

Not unlike the other two courses, an arched trellis greats you at the first hole. The view of hole one's downhill shot with a glimpse of the lake in the background is a perfect introduction to what lies ahead. A course map, a list of sponsors, and other info lead you to the first pad. A newly added feature is a box with a complimentary map of the course, PDGA pencils, and a nice touch, scorecards that even reflect the current layout.

Beyond the pomp and circumstance of the IDGC and the grand entrance to the course, great disc golf backs up the hype. Throughout the course, there is a considerable amount of elevation changes. The first four holes play up and down the side of a steep slope. Just when you start to feel that it is becoming repetitive, the next downhill shot on 5 introduces water into play and gives you a couple of options with a split fairway. From that point forward, it was a steady dose of mixed shots and holes for the rest of the course. For a wooded course, there is lots of variety in terms of length, par's, and required placements shots. Several ace runs and seemingly easy birdie opportunities offer some reprieve from some of the tougher, more demanding holes.

Multiple basket placements mean there will always be fresh layouts, especially here where the course gets more attention than a common county park would. I happened to visit before a tournament so the baskets were placed in the "Mad Professor" layout which meant it brought all three par 5's into play on this par 67 - 7495' arrangement. However, other times and most often I believe it is a much more relaxing (and some may say more enjoyable) shorter mix. After all, there are more daunting courses next door if you want a good whipping. The blue painted DGA baskets are nice and a color you do not see every day. They are in great shape and of course catch very well.

There are two tee pads on the course. There are concrete tees on the long pads and rubber pads framed with timbers on the shorts. No matter which pad you choose, you will find them well maintained with a spread of mulch around to keep things tidy.

Perhaps one of the highlights you are sure to remember is the scenic layout. The course plays through a wooded area of the park that will remind you of hike in the woods. Views of the lake of are on many if not the majority of the holes. It really is just a beautiful area.

Naturally, this is the IDGC so there are plenty of amenities off the course.
Cons: You will find yourself walking up fairways on the first visit to spot some of the baskets, especially on the longer layouts/placements. The tee signs also seem to be a little off in terms of distances and approximate basket locations relative to actual placements. Be careful making assumptions on your first time out without spotting the baskets first.

I was surprised that the course did not employ the two-loop layout that would have brought you back to the parking lot after nine holes followed by a consecutive loop for the back nine. This is never a deal breaker for me but I just thought since it is such a desired design trend that it would be found at the Disneyland of Disc Golf. It would have been nice to take a break half way through and grabbed some refreshments and what have you. As a consolation though, there is the "roller coaster nine" where you can play holes 1-5 and then pick up at 15-18 for a quick (relatively speaking) nine on the hilly holes.

While it is not the courses fault, and does not affect my rating of it, the IDGC is closed on Sunday (courses still open though). This is not biggie unless you make a trip on Sunday as I did and find out after the fact that it is not open (my fault that I did not read!). Another thing that surprised me was that there are no bathrooms on site during non-business hours. A port-a-jon would be nice, especially for the ladies.
Other Thoughts: I cannot say enough about how nice the property is at the IDGC. I really do not think too many folks will be disappointed in the courses out here.

If you are on the fence about the traveling here, you need to pull the trigger and go! I only live 2-1/2 hours away and in the 6 years I have been playing, I had just never got around to it. That is probably because it is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. However, I can see myself visiting several times a year in the future.

Steady Ed

1    8/5/2014   8/8/2014
Review By: heelboycraig
Pros: Steady Ed is the 'fun' course at the IDGC, if there's such a thing. With the most variety and most chances to catch for low scores, you'll appreciate this layout.
- This course is an absolute blast. Compared to Jackson and Warner, which are both grueling layouts, this one does allow you to be more aggressive. Plus this course is the most scenic, offering the most variety of all three IDGC courses.
- Course offers two pin positions and two tee pads for a total of four potential layouts. Whereas Jackson only has one tee and one pin locale and Warner has one basket and two tee setups, this offers the most variety. Inasmuch, this course is the most 'casual level' friendly. There are plenty of people I wouldn't recommend playing Jackson due to its difficulty (at times, myself included), Steady Ed has the most appeal to us mere peasants.
- There are some epic hole layouts. Starting with hole one, a long, 595 foot downhill hole to a pin located near the lake, your nerves and accuracy are challenged from the beginning. The short pin location is only 295 feet, but that still requires a level of accuracy.
- From there it just gets better. Two holes stood out to me as elite - #5 & 11. It was only after I played and read this site again, did I see that those were considered the course's signature holes. And I can see why.
- #5 is awesome. It's 395 feet to the short pin (510 to the long), downhill, over water and back to a pin protected by trees. Long downhill hole + water in play = what more could you ask for? There's also a safe, bailout route around to the left, taking water out of play.
- #11 is a 480 footer to the short pin (550 to the long pin) with both locations offering split fairways. There are essentially three different fairways, with the middle one being shared by both pins. To the short pin, the fairway doglegs to the right (to the left for the long) to a basket with trees playing around it. This isn't the most challenging of holes, but it's got one of those classic disc golf hole layouts that make us all love the game.
- Oh yeah, did I mention four holes play on, over or around the beach? Yes sir. You go from playing in the woods for most of this course, and all of the other two courses, to walking on the sand and throwing over the lake. The sand and lake come into play on #5 & 12 - 14. The water is to the left on #12 - 14, so safe to say you want your shots coming back to the right. All four have a high risk/reward element to them because the more you're willing to throw over the water, the better line you have to the basket. This is most prevalent on #14, which is a 215 footer with a wide open line over the water and a tight line over land. The irony here is that the safe line is so tight, there's a chance you could ricochet off a tree and still end up in the water.
- This course has the highest risk/reward factor of the three IDGC layouts. Steady Ed has more 'short' holes than the other two courses, especially when the pins are in the shorts. Because of having a lot of holes under 300 feet, you can actually be aggressive and see birdies appear on your scorecard. I had a five hole stretch on the back nine where I had potential birdies on each hole. I ended up with three birdies and one scramble for bogey because I got a little overly aggressive from the tee, and ended up with a horrible bounce off a tree.
Cons: The only glaring con was that the distances don't match up on the tee signs, online scorecards (from here) or the scorecards they provide in the shop. I couldn't ever tell what source was right because at different points, each seemed pretty accurate right on or somewhat off.
- This is going to be a copy and paste comment for all three IDGC courses. The overall difficult of the courses, terrain and elements are going to be a negative for some players. Basically, if you're not a good enough player, you should not play here. Know what you're getting into before you tackle this three-headed monster.
- Another copy and paste note. These courses probably present a higher than normal 'lost disc' factor. For errant throws, be prepared to spend considerable time searching or be prepared that you might lose a disc or two while playing.
- Final copy and paste note. Be prepared when playing. Pack plenty of food, water, bug spray and other essentials. You can purchase some items inside the center. Besides that there's one gas station a mile from the park. After that, it's another 15 minutes back towards Augusta and restaurants, gas stations, etc.
- I'll put this here because I need to fill up this space. As much as I loved the beach holes, it might be depressing standing on the beach in the middle of January as you play through. In the summer, it's great. Overlooking the water and standing on sand when it's 40 degrees out, probably not as appealing.
- Navigation was mostly very good, but could be improved. You cross past separate holes going from one hole to the next several times. I also had a hard time finding the tee for #18, having first stumbled upon a different (no longer used) long tee. My great tee shot from the incorrect, longer tee ended up being for naught, settling instead for a shanked shot from the proper tee.
Other Thoughts: Writing this review a couple days after playing the IDGC, I have the fondest thoughts about Steady Ed. The course, that is. While Jackson is the best overall and Warner is a solid beast throughout, I'm gravitating towards the best, and most enjoyable, round I had at the IDGC.
- One piece of advice I have for anyone visiting the IDGC is to play the courses from hardest to easiest. Knock out Jackson first, when (in theory) you're freshest, then Warner and end with Steady Ed. As a point of reference, I shot 12 strokes fewer at Steady compared to Warner and 18 strokes fewer compared to Jackson.
- Because of the variety and scenery, and the shorter layout, I enjoyed Steady Ed the most, with very little frustration. Had a disc or two landed in the water, I'm sure my opinion would be somewhat different.
- If the tee signs are accurate, the short pin location comes in at just over 6000 feet. When you go straight from Jackson to Steady Ed, you notice a huge difference playing a course that's 3300 feet shorter. It's very rare that a 6000 foot course feels so shorter and approachable.
- Of the shorter holes, I'll throw out two more that I enjoyed: #8 & 13. I already mentioned 13, so here's a plug for #8. It's a 235 footer to the short basket (250 to the long), through a tight, wooded gap to the basket. It takes a great shot to get it close to the basket. But, even if you hit a tree, you should have a good chance to salvage par. This isn't anything spectacular, just a solid, creative, well-designed layout.
- I'm giving Steady Ed a 4.5. If only the short pins existed, it would still probably be pretty close to a 4. With just a taste of a couple long layouts, I can see how great this course can be. This is a must play, even if this were a stand-alone course. I wonder how it took me so long to finally make a trip to the IDGC. Now I'm ready to go back.

Steady Ed

2-4    4/30/2014   5/5/2014
Review By: Peter S
This review was updated on 7/8/2014
Pros: Lots of challenge in the woods with some shots a bit more open. Cool gap shots. Scenic water carries. Shots up and down the hillside allow you to try overhand thumbers and every shot you can think of.
Cons: Some ticks but not as bad as other courses in the thick woods.
Other Thoughts: As a white level player, this course is my favorite of the 3 at IDGC.

My Kind of Course.

1    10/18/2013   10/22/2013
Review By: sgamerp
Pros: As most people have said this course along with all the other courses on this land have the basics plus. Great Signs, Lots of benches, huge practice area, pro shop, grills before the course, maps/scorecards for all the courses and a power aid vending machine.

But this is Steady Ed!

I am nothing more then a rec player and this is the kind of course for me. When I played tees were in shorts, and I had a blast.

Two pin points and two tees on most of the holes.

DGA Baskets that have MPH wind flags on top of them, to let you know how the wind is flying.

Of all the courses this is the only one with the trash cans around the course, and also had the most benches of all the courses.

From what I have been told this is the oldest of all the courses and has the most history.

This course is hard and easy at the same way, none of the holes are extremly long(in the shorts) but still this isn't a pitch and put course. Plenty of trees/ob.s and still a great over all course.

Fun Factor, this course has the highest fun factor on the lot.

Perfect round of play after playing the other two courses.
Cons: Really the only real con, is this is more a course for a rec player.

They have two sleeves, so you have to play whatever pins they gave.

Pay To Play, but I don't really think this is a con for this course.
Other Thoughts: I loved this course, because of time, I had to break it up, and it has a nice little ten hole play for shorter rounds (1-6 15-18) so if you have to cut it short you aren't stuck out in the middle of the course at dark.

Like all others No Drinking at the course.

Camping on site which is extremely nice.

This is the oldest of all the courses and doesn't seem like that at all. Looks like it could of been put in two weeks ago the way it was, all these courses are Gold Caliber and some of the best courses in the areas.

If you have the time/money IDGC is well worth it to come out. You can camp in the primitive camping and all day green fees for 15 bucks a day.

______________________________________
If you do not like my review, please give me a PM on what I can improve. Thanks!

A nice dedication to Master Ed

5+    10/13/2013   10/19/2013
Review By: forehandfranz
Pros: This course at the IDGC probably has the most variety of all 3 here, and probably the friendliest (in terms of difficulty). This course has everything - elevation, the waters of Storm Thurman Reservoir to skirt, well-defined fairways lined with reasonable forested bounaries, and just an all-around great experience. There are two sets of tee pads - the longs are well geared to intermediate and advanced, and the shorts are for beginner to intermediate. I played the shorts for the first time this visit and they were fun, albeit a bit too easy for a 930 rated player (me), but fun as a pitch and putt round. This is definitely the course where a beginner would want to spend their time - as the other two courses are long and very beastly!

The DGA baskets are the top of the line version - powder coated blue with the DGA wind flags on top - indicating the current wind speed. I don't think I've seen those flags at any other course (probably because they are easily vandalized).

Cons: The course never loops back to the clubhouse, so you are more or less committed to the course until you're done. (Not a big con, but takes a small notch away)

For a pay to play course, this is well maintained, but I was disappointed to find the bridge on hole #5 (the first to go over the water) was out. For pay to play -especially at a high profile venue - I think that things need to be fairly pristine in terms of course mainenance. They had an open Ladies tourney the weekend I played and would think they would have fixed this bridge.
Other Thoughts: For all the years I've come here, this is the first where the water level at the shores was actually high enough to actually effect the danger of the shots made on those water holes. This is a big boon for the play on this course!

Due to the fact that you are experiencing disc golf history, as the IDGC features a museum, pro shop and clubhouse (and 4 practice baskets, shelter, etc, etc), I must bump up my rating .5 points. This is the full deal.

I very much have wanted to play some of the long pin positions at this course (and HAVE played some). But I can't ever recall when the pins have been all long or all short. One day, I hope the IDGC will install permanent long and short pin positions that would give the ultimate variety for this course.

I'm sorry Ms. Jackson

2-4    6/27/2013   10/15/2013
Review By: Connor Jones
Pros: Fun. One of the most fun courses I've played. Maybe it's the fact that the other two courses on this property are such behemoths of disc golf. Maybe this is the exact change of pace needed. Maybe it's the perfect balance of elevation and hole shapes, the scenic views of the lake, who knows.

As with all courses at the IDGC, the baskets and teepads are pristine and perfect. Extra bonus to Steady Ed having a variety of pin locations for every hole.

As far as holes go, I'm a huge fan of the very first. A slow downhill shot requiring a midrange down the heart in the short, it's a basic hole but there's something about it. Maybe it's the fact that it's just a good way to build up the anticipation for the rest of the course.

Hole #5 is my favorite on the track. A beautiful shot overlooking the water, with the option to throw a slight hyzer over it to try and get the two, or to take the safe route. Both times I've gone over the water and shockingly enough, made it across.

All the holes out here are at the very least solid, some spectacular. I really just wanted to mention five because it's such a fantastic hole from a playing and aesthetic standpoint.

Even though this is the shortest of the three courses, certain pin placements can still be lengthy, so don't let it fool you. Play smart golf, stay in the fairway, you will score well. This is the easiest of the three by a large margin so after you get beat down by Jackson, this is a nice reminder that you don't suck as bad as you had thought.(hopefully)
Cons: None. The only thing separating this course from being a five in my mind is it does slightly lack that certain it factor required to score a five. The fact that it's on a property with two other fantastic courses though makes the destination as a whole an easy five.
Other Thoughts: This is my favorite of the three. It's what I consider to be the most fun & the prettiest, and while I certainly love and appreciate the challenging golf on the other parts of the property, sometimes its nice to just relax.

The IDGC is fantastic. I'm glad to have it in my home state. The pro shop has a solid selection of plastic and other disc golf related items, some cozy couches to cool down on and a lot of cool disc golf history to browse.

I'd say everyone needs to make the trip here at least once, there's some other courses absolutely worth playing in the area as well.

More IDGC greatness!

1    9/12/2013   9/15/2013
Review By: sloppydisc
Pros: 1 of 3 courses in the IDGC complex in Appling, GA. On site there is a great pro shop, picnic tables and gazebo, as well as a handful of practice baskets. This is a truly great destination course and facility.

The Steady Ed course offers multiple tee pads and basket positions so some of the exact hole layouts may change depending on when you play. There could also be issues with high water by the lake that could change the difficulty or set up. There are signs at each tee pad and navigation aids to help you get around. As could be expected here pads are well done concrete. Conditions and upkeep were excellent.

This course is simply on a great piece of land that offers up everything you could want for a top notch technical course. The first hole tee off downhill toward the lake and uses the woods and elevation well. It is just a glimpse of what is to come.

Almost every hole here is wooded and offer some sort of technical challenge. There are steeps uphill shots and steep downhill shots. There are some really tight holes that seem almost unfair to the untrained eye. And there are several holes along the lake just to add to the fun. If you like wooded disc golf with all sorts of challenges thrown in then this course is for you.

While most of the course is tight and technical, there are a couple long holes with multiple fairways and landing zones that'll keep those loving their high speed drivers happy. This course also seems to really favor tricky greens or protected baskets. Where possible baskets are protected by some nearby trees, or on a slop to add to the risk from a tee shot or approach. And of course, the baskets by the lake have there own inherent risks. Lots of fun risk and reward here. Reminds me a lot of some of my favorite NC courses.

While this a wooded course don't let that fool you. While number 1 was set at 201', there were also some long holes requiring long accurate drives to landing zones, followed by long approaches to the basket. This is not a wooded pitch and putt by any means.
Cons: None really. There were a couple holes I thought were almost too tight, but after getting to the basket, and walking the entire fairway the lines became more obvious.

Snake warning sign. I really hate snakes.
Other Thoughts: Everybody I talked to prior to my visit raved about WR Jackson, and rightfully so, but the Steady Ed course is every bit as solid. It has some great elevation, water holes with lake views, long open fairways, and just a bunch of challenging golf. Depending on your mood or preferences you could rate either course as the best at IDGC and you wouldn't be wrong.

#5 stands out to me as a hole that could stick in my mimd for a long time. A tee pad on the hill aiming down and out over the lake to a basket on a peninsula guarded by trees. Or take the cowards way out and the walk of shame like me, and throw down over the inside lane and Red tee pad to a nice, dry safe landing zone. It's your choice. Choose wisely.

I typically hate losing disc, and water holes on and over lakes sometimes really get in my head. But this course offers so many chances to throw a water hole you'd be foolish to pass it up. So enjoy the ups, downs and splashes. There is always the pro shop at the top of the hill to replenish your supply for the next round.

Go to IDGC. It's worth it.

Wonderful Experience

1    4/15/2012   5/16/2012
Review By: Jax11
Pros: - Beautiful landscape
- Good shot variety
- Good use of elevation
- Well designed par 4's.
- Well defined and manicured fairways
- Rewarding Birdie opportunities
- Good distance variety
- Room for creative options
- Water in play (may be a con for some)
- Solid concrete teepads
- Great baskets
- On site PDGA HQ
- Benches throughout the course
Cons: - Challenging course (some may be turned off by this)
- Minor navigation issues
- Can be challenging for people with less distance.
- Some blind elevation shots where one could lose a disc (watch it finish, should be fine)
- Water can be treacherous if the level is high
Other Thoughts: Overall, the Steady Ed Memorial course was a highly enjoyable experience for my group. The course was extremely challenging and forces you to use most of your arsenal. It has a good variety of hole designs and does not favor a particular throwing style. The holes often have various routes that present different throwing styles with risk/reward decisions. This allows for some creativity in line shaping and shot selection. I think this is a great design feature that many courses lack.

The landscape is beautiful, you play through the woods, on the edge of a decent sized lake. The lake does come into play and if the water is high, there may not be a lot of safe area to land your disc. Lucky for us, it was low when we played and we didn't lose any.

This course is well put together as should be expected with it being the Steady Ed Memorial course. The equipment is all in great condition and adds to the enjoyment of this course. It is challenging and allows for a lot of risk reward decisions. Bring your "A" game and enjoy the beauty that is this course.

The PDGA HQ is not open on Sundays.

Watch for red ant hills, and don't step on them. they will attack!

Excellent representation of our sport

1    2/13/2012   2/28/2012
Pros: 1) Awesome blue powder coated baskets and number plates. These are some of the most attractive baskets I have seen. The number plates always face the tee and they even have flag on top of the basket to gage the wind and help you spot the basket more easily. Top of the line!

2) Benches, tee signs, and directionals are all around the course. You really have to expect all of the amenities at the headquarters of the governing body of our sport.

3) Nice signs with Hole #, Par, distance, a general hole map, and both pin placements on the sign.

4) Very nice grippy trapezoidal concrete for the regular tees and nice framed up rubber tees for the forward tees. Jason (the superintendent) said he really doesn't like these rubber tees and they require a lot of work because of washouts, settling, and such, but it certainly looks like he stays on top of any repairs because they all seemed to be in pretty good shape to me.

5) Next tee signs located on the poles to help with navigation. This system is nice but if you don't know to look for it you will not see it.

6) Chicken wire on the slick wet wood on the bridges in a few spots (see also cons) to keep people from slipping. At least they did something because the wood was definitely slick.

7) Water comes into play on a couple of holes . . .although the level was definitely down from where it is normally, that kind of feature is not available on all courses so it is still cool nonetheless.

8) The most unique hole I encountered on this course was #11 where there was basically a double split fairway . . . meaning four lanes to get to the two basket locations. You could take a hyzer line or an anhyzer at the right hand basket, or if the basket was on the left side you could take a fairly straight shot or another anhyzer. This was a pretty unique hole and something I have never seen before. (See also cons).

9) There are some nice rock formations in the woods here . . . something that I appreciated on this trip while I played Holler in the Hills. These formations can be used for some great basket locations and also to help create some more challenging putting areas. This is a feature of Stan McDaniel design if you know of Rennaisance Gold, Hornet's Nest etc. and something I really like in terms of design. Flat baskets in the middle of flat ground are all the same, these are each unique.

10) Pavillion and picnic tables are available along with a soda machine outside. There are restrooms inside the IDGA and a couch to sit down on too. Check out the pro-shop while you are there and help support the PDGA through other ways than just your annual dues. Check out the history of the sport and our founder Steady Ed Headrick in the Disc Golf Hall of Fame

11) Jason (the superintendent) also has a dog that likes to run around outside the building. He was timid at first but then he knew we were nice and he actually followed me for 1.5 holes on each course before turning around to go back to the porch.

12) Designed by two of the premier designers in our game Chuck Kennedy and Tom Monroe.

13) Excellent use of distance variation as a design element. There are all sorts of different distances out here so you need all your discs in your bag. You will also never have the same shot twice which is awesome. SO many courses get stuck on the 275-300' shots where you can only have so many hyzer shots before the holes become repetitive. Here the distances vary so much you never have the same shot on two holes.

14) Scorecards and maps available in the pro shop . . .always a bonus on a world class course that you have not played before.

15) Nice big sign and map along with sponsors and contributors to the course listed on another sign. I love the entrance gate that you walk through to get to the course.

16) Very clean woods . . . meaning Jason works very hard to keep the peripheral areas free of fallen limbs and debris. It is pretty rare that you see something that is in play off the fairway and that is greatly appreciated and it helps make the course look just that much better.

17) Incredible practice area with all of the types of baskets represented as well as plenty of angles and approaches to be thrown. I didn't warm up (because I already played Lake Olmstead and had to make sure I was able to finish all 3 courses) but if I was playing a tourney this would be greatly appreciated.

18) They did an excellent job keeping the trees that frame fairways and cleaning out the ones that do not need to be there. The fairways are very fair but they do still make you make the shot.

19) Excellent variety in shot shaping on this course. There were a lot of different shots off the tee but your recovery shots bring even more shots into play . . . I love throwing different shots all day . . . it keeps things from feeling boring.
Cons: 1) The only thing this course was missing in terms of amenities would be an indicator system for which basket location is currently in the ground. I expect that they will eventually do this because it is one of those things that sets courses above the rest, but as of right now there is nothing there to indicate the current basket location.

2) I like the idea of making the wood bridges safer but I could easily see someone getting stuck in the chicken wire and making their fall worse than if nothing was there. I made sure to lift my feet high each time I stepped on the bridge.

3) #11 was both good and bad . . . the good was mentioned above, but the bad comes from the fact that you cannot see the basket so you really have no idea which lane to choose. I chose the hyzer line figuring I could get all the way around more easily to either basket. I felt like the anhyzer line was going to be tougher to hold if it was in the right position and even moreso on the further left anhyzer line. The basket was fortunately on the right as I was hoping but I sure would have liked to know for sure.

4) I know I am nitpicking but I feel like these courses need to show everything that is possible with disc golf because of the fact that the PDGA is on site. The teepads in many spots do not have soil or material flush with the top and that can lead to falling off the teepad on occasion. If it was up to me I would make sure the ground is always flush with the teepad for at least a few feet on all sides. This will allow a greater runup and also a bigger follow through.

5) Unlike the other two courses . . . this one does not loop back to the clubhouse/parking area. It is also the easiest of the walks and least strenuous course of the three so it is less of an issue but still worth noting for those only into 9 holes.
Other Thoughts: This place definitely did it right. What more can be said other than this is an excellent . . . no . . .superb example of our sport. They have all the amenities (almost) that you can ask for and they have a lot of fun and challenge at the same time. Isn't that what Steady Ed would have wanted??? I know it's what I want when I play disc golf almost everyday.

Ed Lives On!!!

1    12/20/2011   12/22/2011
Review By: KGB84
Pros: -Large Tee Pads
-Nice benches
-Great tee signs with picture & distances
-Very nice Blue DGA baskets
-Good flow to course
-Fairways are just that Fair, yet very challenging still.
-Next tee signs
-Elevation(Ups & Downs & in between)
-IDGC clubhouse/Pro shop on site
-Pavillion to sit under
-Drink vending machine
-Amazing warm-up area behind clubhouse
-IDGC staff is very welcoming
-DG Hall of Fame on site
-The area is completely dedicated to the courses.
Cons: -Pay to play
-Raining while I was there
-Very secluded location
Other Thoughts: This course finishes third out of the 3 courses located at the IDGC complex for me.
This is only because I liked the others better. This course is as difficult as the other 2 are. With very technical bends in fairways and tricky basket placements. Seemed that a lot of the baskets were in the shorter positions when I played. This course would have edged out the Jackson course for 2nd place if all placements were in the long positions.
All in all, another superb course to be enjoyed at the IDGC Complex. Go get a tent and spend some time at Wildwood Park playing at the IDGC.

< Prev 1 2 3