Rupert, ID
3 / 279ft.   3 / 365ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

State Champion

1    6/2/2013   12/17/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: 21 holes makes for a nice, long round.
Beautiful park with some massive old growth trees (there is a Cottonwood tree there that must be 9-10 feet in diameter)
Multiple pins with good signage.
Uncrowded!
Holes 11-21 are particularly nice with plenty of birdie chances.
Wide variety of shots needed.
Cons: Lots of bugs in late summer.
A little out of the way (but maybe this is a "Pro")
Rupert's streets can be confusing, so use your GPS or print directions before you go.
Other Thoughts: This course is #1 in Idaho for a reason. I wish I lived a little closer so I could play it more often. My DG buddies and I did a weekend trip last June. We hit Walcott, Massacre Rocks, Upper Ross Park, and Sister City. It was an epic trip that I plan on making an annual tradition! You could also hit CSI and Rock Creek while you're in the area.

1    6/24/2013   6/24/2013
Review By: Joey Pauley
Pros: - Tee pads - love the soft rubber
- Flat with nice challenging hole locations to make it interesting
- well manicured lawns not sage brush
- mix of short and long holes
- 21 holes
Cons: - Off the beaten path
- Flat - a little more change in elevation would make this course a 5
Other Thoughts: - Getting to Hole 11 and 18 was confusing w/o a map.
- the back 11 are short challenging holes. If we camped we would have played them again.
- Car camping looked nice. Not very many people.

Amazing

2-4    2/13/2013   2/13/2013
Review By: j_baller92
Pros: Beautiful course. I love the lake being right there, though it does mean insects. It is a wonderful challenge even on the short holes because of how they have set this course up. Glad they added some new holes to it as well just to make things more fun for all.
Cons: Pay to play, but that is even not an issue. Get a state park season pass for $10 to play all the state parks in Idaho that have one it is paid off in no time.
Other Thoughts: When I was a kid this was the first course I had ever seen and it got me very interested. Years later I made some friends who took me out and we were able to make it to Lake Walcott to play. It is an absolutely amazing course and they just make it better with the addition of the holes.

Fantastic Course

2-4    10/28/2011   10/21/2012
Review By: TheGrim
Pros: This was the first course I ever played on and is one of the reasons I took to the sport. It is amazingly well laid out with difficult shots through a beautiful park

The locals were fantastic. The atmosphere was great. The cages get moved often, which adds to the fun of the park. The park layout is really well done to avoid throwing at pavilions and such.
Cons: It's not much of a con, but it's a little out of the way, especially since I'm from Salt Lake and this is nowhere near me.
Other Thoughts: One of the best courses you can ask for.

3 new holes

1    9/2/2012   9/2/2012
Review By: kd7mxi
Pros: you can play as fast or slow as you want ,, new holes were a huge surprise , i scored 103 dad scored 110 on the new course straight score without birdies penalties and such
Cons: the new hole layout takes getting used to at first but there pretty good ,,, i lost a disc on the roof at hole 6
Other Thoughts: nice place as always

Classy Course

1    6/25/2012   6/25/2012
Review By: OldDog
Pros: No more tromping through poisonous plants, stickers, and blackberries! This is an absolutely beautiful course with lush mowed grass, ornamental trees, neat stone walls, and friendly people. A few native trees and glimpses of the surrounding mountains remind you that you are indeed in Idaho.
The course itself is a super mix of long and short, left and right. I threw forehands - plenty, and needed them - backhands, and rollers as well. Yet the course is not clogged with tress; they are just well-positioned.
The Discatchers and rubber t-pads are in great shape.
Cons: Although most holes were easy to find, a couple gave me trouble.
Beware wet rubber t-pads in the morning.
Other Thoughts: I would happily make this my home course, but as a traveler I will certainly visit again. No holes really stick in my mind as outstanding, but I just loved the atmosphere of the place.

another fun weekend

2-4    5/22/2011   5/24/2011
Review By: appysdad
Pros: absolutley stunning course by far my favorite one in idaho. great pin placments, a good mix of short ace runs and long par 3 and 4s. the campsites are great with excellent views of the lake and dam. woke up at 3 in the morning to use the restroom and had a furry racoon at my feet. wildlife is abundant. the course even has a shop to go buy dga discs on site. restrooms and gazeebos spread out through the park. far away from any town so its really never packed.
Cons: the mayflies were terrible all of us and our camping gear were covered head to toe in little green dots. mosqoiutoes are abundant at certain times of the year other than insects beeing pesky i have no cons

Near The Lake

1    4/30/2011   5/3/2011
Review By: sillybizz
This review was updated on 6/23/2014
Pros: Lake Walcott is a very pretty place for a nice disc golf course. Not only do you get the nice green grass and the pretty lake but you get some nice trees and rock built platforms that add challenge, fun and uniqueness to the course. There are plenty of crafty pin locations and some trees to block your path but there are a couple of holes out here that are a little short and a little too open to challenge the pro players but intermediate and advanced players will have a good time. Some of the longer holes including the par fours are well thought out but could use some lengthening to add more challenge and threaten more bogey opportunities. The balance of right to left and left to right favors RHBH players slightly like a lot of courses do but this course does have good variety in that aspect as well hole distances and open and technical throws. Navigation is fairly easy with only one real walk that I can remember from one end of the park to the other across the road and by some space that could have been used but overall not bad at all. I like the rubber tee pads and the signs do a good job of showing where all of the basket locations are with the multiple pins. There is even a non marked secret second tee pad for hole twelve that has you throw out over the water.
Cons: All that I can think of is that some of the distances on the long par three holes and the single par four hole could be moved to create a better hole or two. Some of you out there aren't going to like the $5 charge to pay the course so I suppose that could be thought of as a con but for me coming from a ball golf background that is dirt cheap and I have no problem with it. It would be nice if there was a little more elevation change but I'm just nitpicking at this point in the game.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't call this a super duper challenge or anything extremely unique but this is a solid all around course. Being right in between Twin Falls and Boise this could be a good stop for a road trip where you can camp and stay a couple of nights or just stop for a picnic and some golf, either way you really can't go wrong here, enjoy yourself.

Disc Golf Oasis

5+    4/26/2011   4/27/2011
Review By: Valktastic
This review was updated on 5/18/2011
Pros: - Easy to navigate
- Kiosk with scorecards and info
- Good balance of technical and open holes
- Almost No People
- Well maintained landscaping
- Large trees block sun and wind
- Great tee-pads and signs with pictures
- Bathrooms and drinking fountains
- Won't lose discs
- Firepits, park benches, and covered picnic areas
- Great campground
- If you have kids its a safe place for them to play on the playgrounds and all around the park while you play disc.

Some people have listed "off the beaten path" as a con to this course, but that is one of the great aspects of this course. Its an escape to go play there.
Cons: - Can be a LOT of mosquitoes in the summer
- Entrance fee $5 (but that's why its so nice)
Other Thoughts: Pack a lunch and make a day of it, or camp and stay longer. This is one of the best kept secrets in disc golf. I have played courses in a lot of other states that get a lot of hype, and Walcott is just as good or better than most.

If you have kids this is a great place because they are safe to play with you, or on the playgrounds while you golf. Also fun for bike riding, basketball, and other activities.

If you get there on a windy day the back 9 is great. I have played it in STRONG winds and it is protected by the trees.

****Killer fish and chips at Alaska's Best in Rupert!! It's one of those great dives with awesome food*****

Thanks to the staff at Walcott for how well they maintain this course!!!

5+    2/5/2011   2/5/2011
Review By: Trav
Pros: Maybe I am a bit biased.

After installing and playing on the Launchpads, I am really glad we went with them. So much better than concrete.
Cons: Could easily be 27 hole course. I can go on and on, but when you're here everyday, there's always something you could be improving on.
Other Thoughts: I'm always looking for suggestions. If you see something that could be improved, please let me know. Don't forget to stop by and say hello!