Kyle, TX

Don't Waste Your Time

1    4/25/2010   4/27/2010
Review By: Overhanding4distance
This review was updated on 12/16/2010
Pros: **Update** I haven't been back since my terrible experience at Steeplechase in April 2010, but I've been told by many golfers that this course is well kept right now.
I don't see myself as an overly tough critic, but the state of this course in April 2010 was inexcusable. It sounds like some objective reviews calling this course out maybe motivated some to keep it up.

I'm not going to lie, there are not many Pro's to this course. Just being honest.

Cons: -Missing Holes! (or the worst layout ever)
-Bad signage
-Most Overgrown Course I know of
-Even if this course was well maintained, it would be sub-par. Simply not enough available space to put an 18 hole course.
Other Thoughts: This is the only course that I've quit halfway through due to the sub par conditions.
Overgrown, missing holes, bad layout, no creative or unique holes.
Loud noises from play scape, and or party area that is right next to the course.

ivy

1    9/15/2008   9/15/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: -Well marked
-Clean and well mowed
-Good, dual cement tees
-Long, tough and tight design stressing powerful accuracy, bad shots not punished too bad
Cons: The POISON IVY is just at an unacceptable level, you cannot even play perfect golf and avoid getting covered in it. It crawls trees, surrounds baskets and lines the creek.
Other Thoughts: DO NOT play here if allergic to ivy. Rating somewhat skewered by that fact, since I could not enjoy the course because of it.

Scary Course

6/10/2008   7/18/2008
Review By: sidewinding
Pros: Pretty park with creek and trees. Very diffucult. Will test all of your technical skills.
Cons: Too difficult for me. The design is such that it is difficult to stay out of the deep water. I normally enjoy throwing over water but this creek is scary. I almost stepped on a huge snake.
Other Thoughts: They have a driving range but it runs along the back fences of a neighborhood. You can't air it out or it might turn over into a back yard.