Stockton, KS
course view 1

The Tornado Round!

6/5/2008   6/7/2008
Review By: Aragorn
Pros: For a rural community with a population under 2000 the fact that this course even exists is a positive.
Cons: no tees at all. no course map. no numbers on baskets.
Other Thoughts: Really had no idea how to play this course with no map anywhere to be seen and no tees of any kind. The course info on this page says 12 holes but I only saw 9.

Even though this is a mixed use park the baskets seemed to be placed in areas that weren't used by non golfers. This park is in need of improvements but I give the town people credit for having a DG park at all.

My round was crazy. Making up the course as I went along it was very windy. I saw my disc do things I had never seen before. The disc would be cruising along its line and then be lifted strait up 30 feet, cruise along that new line for a while, then suddenly drop 30 feet back down and finish off its original line! The last throw I made before bailing out, my disc was going along and then was suddenly carried at a 90 degree angle right and sailed 100 feet off its original line. Needless to say I retrieved my disc and headed for shelter. Sure enough, a few hours later the tornado sirens sounded in town and we made for the basement! We emerged later to fine golf ball sized hail. See the pictures I uploaded.