5 Helpful / 15 Not
B- = Be too long for me to fully enjoy
Pros: I review all courses (unless otherwise noted from the long tees). What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 18 (or more) hole courses:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C
(The vast majority of holes are quite open and do not punish you an extra stroke for your errors. Almost no risk/reward decisions are required. The risk IMO is needing to bomb your shots and getting a little wild.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I'm a Blue level player who throws 300' accurately, 360' max. == C
(18 of 27 holes are boring 3's with no chance of 2' for players with my D. In the shorts 14 are either too long or too short to be rewarding. Unfortunately for me, that lowers the addiction-factor a lot.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C+
(There are only a few holes that force you to throw an particular shot shape. There is indeed a variety of right and left ending holes, but usually plenty of room to navigate.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == A-
(This is by far the strength of this course. It is beautifully manicured, is generally secluded from the hustle-bustle of life, and is a great place to just breathe in an relax.)
5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (149 18-hole, 91 9-hole as of late 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
5 of 20 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.