Course Extinct
Cable, WI
Telemark Resort DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #18 (Taken 5/2012)
-- / 320ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Wasted promise

1    6/24/2012   6/26/2012
Review By: Goosefraba
Pros: *Course has beautiful surroundings, especially once you reach the 13th hole
*Nice variety of holes, short, long, elevation changes, wooded and open.
*Each tee had a small map at it
Cons: *Very poorly marked, a map is a must to play this course
*Terribly maintained - nothing is mowed so everything is overgrown, which makes navigation difficult
*Horrible issues with ticks - I had more than 2 dozen ticks on me after just 16 holes, and my friend had more than that
*No tee boxes, just dirt
*First tee is across a large concrete surface, which even with Champion plastic, I don't enjoy watching my discs hit and bounce on it
Other Thoughts: I had very high expectations for this course, as I have played many courses like it, Mont du Lac, so when I arrived I was very excited. However that was short lived as I started playing and encountered a great course that had zero maintenance. If this course was just maintained, it would be a great course. Having to spend every shot looking for a disc due to overgrowth gets old. Also, the tick problem was ridiculous, but I'm not sure if they ever sprayed or left alone like the rest of the course. If you don't mind the ticks, then this is a great course.