Allentown, PA
Little Lehigh Parkway Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #3 (Taken 4/2009)

1 2 3 4 5 Next >
 An Enjoyable Course

5/27/2007   6/6/2007
Review By: timg
This review was updated on 7/16/2007
Pros: Fairly long with some interesting holes. Very well maintained.
Cons: High traffic park so people can be a concern when throwing. Also, complete lack of tee signs/markings.
Other Thoughts: Anyone that goes to play this course from out of town like I did, PRINT A MAP! I wish I followed my own advice but it's a little late for that now.

Most holes were fairly easy to find although we did find ourselves walking around looking for the black carpet tee area fairly often. It went like that up to hole #4 at which point we had a difficult time finding #5. A local pointed us in the general direction and we found a black carpet with #5 crossed out and #6 written on it a very long way from #4. We eventually guessed that the #5 tee was played from this gravel area (could be wrong).

Things went smoothly from there up to #11. We ended up finding tee #12 first and then while trying to find #13 we found #11! We never did find #13 unfortunately and apparently wouldn't have found #14 as it is a very long walk. At that point we were so tired from hiking around trying to find tees we gave up on the course.

I gave the course a 4 as it was a lot of fun when we could find tees and there were some very cool holes (#6 stands out in my mind). Also, if we were better prepared with a map then it would have gone from good to great. If the course had tee pads that were better marked (at least a stick in the ground) to aid in finding them or even better, some signs I think the course could easily be a 5.

So overall, Little Lehigh is worth the stop but make sure to bring a map if you've never played the course. It will make the course a LOT more enjoyable!

Little Lehigh, Big Challenge

5+    5/4/2012   5/29/2007
Review By: adlacro
This review was updated on 5/5/2012
Pros: 18 holes with baskets in very good shape. A wide variety of holes demanding different shots, plus high grass OB areas as well as water on a number of holes. Elevation comes into play on a few holes as well. Many greens are fast. Just a few minutes from the interstate. Very well maintained. Ace runs and deuce runs break up a long layout.
Cons: A few long walks between holes required, and with the walking path b/w 13 and 14 closed for now, it will force you to walk back up the 13th fairway to the road you came in on. Tee pads for the most part in good shape, but due to the oft flooding here, concrete will never come.
Other Thoughts: With the constant improving of other area courses and the construction, plus the sad reality of no concrete, I felt the course needed to drop a bit. It is still awesome and a must play, but pair it with top-notch Jordan Creek and the always infamous South Mountain, and you have yourself the creme de la creme of the Lehigh Valley, save Nocky of course.

Home of Worlds 2005 Championship

5/24/2007   5/24/2007
Review By: Qwikstreet
Pros: Long open course that runs along a waterway. Well kept park.
Park has high traffic with joggers. Some of them are real easy on the eyes.
Cons: Course removed during winter months.
Other Thoughts: Beautiful layout and the location of the annual SportsFest.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >