2 Helpful / 1 Not
Best Open Course In Mobile
Pros: Course is designed and layed out very well, Has holes that make you hit a line, long holes that lets you throw a bomb, two holes that bring water hazards into play, as well as a nice finishing hole in the woods that give just about all players a shot at hitting an ace, every hole has concrete tee pads, as well as nice markers that show what par each hole is, the distance to the basket, and ideal line to throw, the course is always clean and well maintaned.
Cons: Really not any cons on this course. There is a long walk between holes 5 and 6, that is about it.
Other Thoughts: I am a local, and this is my all around favorite course in Mobile. It calls for every shot you have, and will challenge all skill levels. There is a long walk between holes 5 and 6, as well as a walk across a parking lot between holes 8 and 9. Other than that, the course is very easy to navigate, and their is a course map at the start of hole 1 to look at if you are not familiar with the course. This course is a must play if you are in Mobile!
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Great course for all!
Pros: 1) Great overall course, requires you to use almost every type of shot at some point.
2) Fairly open Long holes, with wooded shorter holes make for a very fair course, and an easy one for Players of Moderate Skill to make par on
3) Water hazards that won't kill you everytime you play it.
4) Great Map and Rule sign at the first hole, If it is your first time playing this course take a GOOD LOOK at this map. I've never seen maps you can pickup there in the 2 years i've been playing this course. Pay particular attention to the locations of holes 5,6,12 and 16 as these can be a little tricky to find the first time through
4)Trash Cans and benches on a few holes (while not on every hole, they do exist.
5)Great tees and Tee signs! there are one or two signs that are missing, but for the most part all of them are in good condition.
6) Baskets are very well maintained.
7) Course itself is very well taken care of.
Cons: 1) Be prepared to Play all 18 holes. Hole 9 is across campus from hole 1
2) Watch out for storm drains, while they are usually chicken wired for protection, there are a few that are still open.
3) Hole 16 can be a bit of a challenge for beginners as it is a moderately long drive over a lake.
4) On Hole 11 and 16...If your disc lands in the water more than 6 inches off the shore, your disc is in 3 feet of water.
5) Road traffic is a Major Hazard on Hole 2 (the traffic circle) . While a road does run along most of the course, once you get past the second hole though, the traffic on the road is usually minimal.
6) Some holes on this course enspecially 11 and 14 are very muddy for a couple of days after it rains.
Other Thoughts: Great course for anyone in the area. If I had to choose one course to play in the area it would be this one! A Must play!
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.