Tyler, TX
The Roc DGC Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #7 (Taken 4/2010)
3 / 315ft.   3 / --   3 / 315ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Can somebody turn on a fan?

1    6/12/2009   6/12/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 6/16/2010
Pros: Elevation adds fun factor on many holes and a couple of empty the baggers. Water in play on 3 holes. One you throw over, one along side of and one to a basket with water surrounding it. I lost my disc on the latter, it went past the basket and skipped into the drink. Good disc catchers that actually catch your disc. 2 different tees per hole. Has a few memorable holes. For me 9,10,11,13 and the one I lost my disc on. Enough trash cans and benches that are all in the shade. Not busy on a Friday at 3 PM. In fact I was alone with the wildlife, saw a few lizards. There are many well placed baskets. Several ace runs for pros and even a couple for the rest of us. A few of the alternate tees change the shot and the elevation. For a small park this course is very fun to play. I played from both tees since there was no one behind me. This course surprised me almost as much as U.T. Tyler. This is the lowest rated course in Tyler but I am finding out that East Texas has elevation. I don't know about central, west, north or south Texas. The worst course in Tyler was still fun to me.
Cons: No shade except by the benches. Hard to navigate. You will have to spot many baskets. Hole 1 and 3's baskets are behind foliage. The fact that I just told you that does not change the fact that you will still have to walk many holes just to know where the basket is, including 1 and 3. Didn't find the basket for 17. I found where I would put it. Between these 2 rock formations filled with water. It would be quite a pin placement. Tee for 18 is just past the rock formations. Some of the holes you must spot are hilly. So bring water and a visor or cap. Some of the tee pads were dangerous, uneven sandy rocky texture.
Other Thoughts: Do not play this course without a local to guide you, unless you are very patient. I would have no problem giving this course a 3.5 or maybe even a 4 if it had concrete tee pads and good NEW signage with arrows and tee signs. If I would have let the navigation get me angry, I might see someone give it a 2 or 2.5, but the fun factor for me made up for it. Along with having the whole park to myself. Don't drive too far but if you are in Tyler play all 5. Tyler disc golf in my opinion is a blast.

5+    5/24/2009   5/31/2009
Review By: chalos13
Pros: Great course. Some challenging holes with great basket placement. Good use of elevation, trees, and the ponds here.
Cons: I never play well on hole 7, ever. Overall a great course though.
Other Thoughts: The only good water holes in Tyler.

The ROC

1    4/9/2009   4/9/2009
Review By: Roc1Time
This review was updated on 6/7/2009
Pros: Nice elevation usage for a little park. Good baskets and 2 tees on all the holes as well. This is a short course for the most part except for like 2 holes. You can throw some different lines for the most part due to the openess of this course. Good course for beginners and to test out your up shots and putts. Alot of the same shots for me(RHBH)which seems like it might get boring after a while.
Cons: Signage, must be a thing in Tyler as in they are just numbers. The pond looks nasty so dont throw in there. Kind of hard to navigate at times but not too bad. Not alot of shade so it could get hot.
Other Thoughts: Fun course to go out to but not worth the drive itself.