East Liverpool, OH
Thompson Park Disc Golf Share
Uploaded By: timbur3 Hole #10 (Taken 8/2012)
Sign that leads to #10 through #27

Dr. Jeckal and Mr. Hyde

1    5/12/2012   5/12/2012
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: Front 9 in a clean and well kept park
Back 9 has some of the best disc golf I have ever played, in Ohio or elsewhere
Out Back 9 (As they call it) is excellent at times
The land, absolutely perfect for Disc Golf
Good mix of distances
Great mix of shot selection
Fantastic mix of Open to wooded
Amazing use incorporating natural features into the game
Combination killer Disc Golf Course and killer nature hike

Cons: I found the front 9 while pretty to be somewhat boring.
Flow is big problem here, even with a map it will give you fits
Tee Pads were beyond bad, either way to small or non-exisistant.
Growth and brush are out of control
This course will wear you out if you not in shape
Other Thoughts: My recommendation would be to skip the Front 9 all together and go straight to the back. I know most of you will ignore my warning, I know I would. But at least save your arm for the back 18 and do it first. Save the Front 9 for last.

I found the front 9 very Ho Hum and extremely frustrating to navigate, even with a map. It weaves around a very nice park. The Tee Pads are worthless and don't allow for anything other then a flat footed release. Don't give up on this course though once you get warmed up here your in for a treat.

Some of the early holes in the back 9 are Disc Golf at its finest. Beautiful setting, you'll play off natural Tee Pads (which I prefer) around ravines and streams and boulders. I say this a lot but I really mean it here, this is a combination Disc Golf course and gorgeous nature hike. I loved it, I can wear you out but you'll love every second. The back 18 tails off a little after the first few holes but not much. It's really well designed.

The wooded fairways are a little to tight. I'm all for tight and I love the challenge of shaping a great shot but leave us a line. Slight flow problems on the back 18 but not as much as the front. Also the growth can be difficult to manage, not just OB but the fairways as well. Be ready to spend a lot of time searching for your discs. I rarely lose discs but I left two good ones behind there.

I wouldn't take a person with a lower skill level out here, it may be a bit much for them but I would definitely recommend this place for a road trip. I know I trashed this place a little in my review but trust me when I say that the positives far out way the negatives. I loved it here. If your a fan of the nature aspect of disc golf like I am then run to this place. It has it's problems but with some work this place could be phenomenal.

Beautiful, challenging

5+    10/15/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: calcuttajoe
Pros: I am a new player over 50 and have thrown frisbees all my life. I started on this course.
After playing other courses I.ve found this is one of the best. The front nine is short but challenging enough to make a nice warm up and work out if you play it a few times in a row.
THE BACK NINE - I had no idea that you could play in the woods. Now I know. Very beautiful and some of the best looking holes that I have yet seen. Throwing across a valley to a basket set in the boulders is intimidating but rewards a good throw.
There is alot of Family activities available here. Ballfields, Pavilions, Tennis courts, Picnic areas w/grills. Very nice to bring the whole family.
Cons: Bring water