Leavenworth, WA
Thousand Trails Leavenworth Share

Avoid at all costs

7/6/2008   7/7/2008
Review By: JConnell
Pros: There is a scenic pond bordering #6 & #7.
Cons: Shockingly bland and unimaginative layout, especially considering the beautiful surroundings which bordered the entire course. With the exception of your tee shot on #4, you will never have to think about which shot to play or what disc to use because throwing it straight down the wide and unobstructed fairways is all you need to do here.

The course has no tee signs and is very poorly marked. I spent over 10 minutes looking for the #6 tee pad and never found it...and #6 is supposed to be the signature hole here.

The dirt tee pads on every hole have hardened mounds of grass/weeds which are easily high enough to roll an ankle on. You will need to pay extremely close attention to where you step just to get proper footing...good form/footwork is an afterthought.
Other Thoughts: I shot even par and left the course feeling genuinely cheated out of my time and money, which is really saying something. Unless it were the only option around, I would not play this course even if it were free.

I'm sorry if this review comes across as overly negative, but I strongly feel the need to convey just how displeased I was with my experience at this course. If I had read a similar review I would have avoided it and played more rounds at Wenatchee, so hopefully someone else can do this in the future.