Leavenworth, WA
Thousand Trails Leavenworth Share

6/21/2008   6/21/2008
Review By: RichardB
This review was updated on 7/14/2008
Pros: Good course with good potential. Long and challenging with good variety: wooded on #2, water on #'s 6&7, and a creek affecting several shots.
Cons: The suggested pars on the scorecard seem unreasonable even for elite players... We have adjusted the par comparable (modestly) to be more consistent with the Wenatchee course. Uneven tee boxes are a problem, and some areas of the course do not seem to be mowed more than once per week, although the grass fairways are not 'thick'.
Other Thoughts: Be sure to get a scorecard/map at the Thousand Trails on-site store before your round, as it makes navigating the course much easier. I am in contact with the manager and hope to work with him over the next year to realize the course's potential. Like another reviewer, I did not like this course the first time I played it, but I have enjoyed it more and more every time I play it, and hope to contribute to its potential.