Eau Claire, WI
Uploaded By: timg

Beautiful Scenery

1    11/5/2013   2/17/2014
Review By: Moose33
Pros: Really nice heavily wooded course. Nice elevation changes and a good variety. Some long holes with hard upshots and great downhill drives as well.
Cons: Needs a map or some more signs. Just a bit hard to navigate. Pretty deserted in Nov. Kind of remote, so at the end of the day I heard a lot of gunshots. Just a bit unsettling on an unfamiliar course.
Other Thoughts: Would love to play in the spring, hopefully will get to. Fewer gunshots would make me feel better too.

2-4    10/13/2013   10/15/2013
Review By: deafdgolfer
Pros: -challenging fairways
-some hidden baskets
-still can find your discs in wooded area after your shank drives
-scenic views

Cons: -trash laying around the tee pads, very few trash bins
(thank goodness that it is not everywhere and its all at the tee pads)
-not all holes that have concrete tee pads
Other Thoughts: Signature holes (Pro tee to longest pin)
Hole 1
Hole 7
Hole 12

Lime Green Jello Fight

2-4    9/23/2012   10/23/2012
Review By: Martin Dewgarita
Pros: Personal Rank: 104

Of the two courses on site, this is the only one that I've included on my favorites list. Don't get me wrong, the fact that there's another very good course at the same location is incentive to make the trip here, it's a two for one package.

This is a rather grueling round of significant elevation changes through a variety of technical shots through heavily wooded, but "fair" fairways. Most holes limit the options for shots and test your ability to hit your line. If you're hitting your lines, you'll be rewarded. If you miss your line, changes in elevation and fairly dense rough will create some challenging recovery shots.

Wisconsin is full of amazing courses and destination areas, this would be towards the bottom of my list of favorite destination areas as well. But that does not mean it isn't worth it, two courses here and close proximity to the Menominee courses makes a very enjoyable weekend of disc golf.
Other Thoughts: After playing 1000 courses, I'm excited to share my opinion on some of my favorites. My top 100+ list can be found on my blog, my favorites list is at 110 of 1020 as of writing this review. Of all courses played, the top 1.5% receive a rating of 5, down to 6% is a 4.5, and 15% is a 4.0 creating a bell curve distribution. I apologize that my reviews are not as detailed as they have been previously. I have included the details as to why this course stands out to the best that my memory serves.

My personal criteria is very subjective, a gut feeling:
~Physical beauty stands out, both scenery and the beauty of each hole.
~Amenities don't mean much to me, it doesn't much matter if there's benches, concrete tee pads, or garbage cans.
~Technical design - How well designed are the fairways/airways and landing areas? Are there unique holes that stand out? Variety of holes - distances, shapes, elevation, tree density, rough thickness. Pars 4 and 5?
~I love extreme/adventure golf. Rugged and secluded courses stand out more than park style courses. In general I prefer more technical over more open.
~Local Scene. If I was involved in a tournament or league or met up with some locals and played the course multiple times I appreciate different aspects of a course.
~The main thing I ask myself is "Does this course make me want to come back?" if the answer is yes, it makes the list.

Thank you, enjoy my reviews and if you don't find this information helpful, please let me know what I can do to improve.

Tower Ridge 1

5+    4/3/2012   4/4/2012
Review By: SleekrBeekr
This review was updated on 5/5/2012
Pros: 18-hole layout with nice new maps on each.
Concrete tees and multiple pin locations on most holes.
Spread out so there aren't a lot of back-ups even when it's busy out there.
A lot of elevation changes.
Great mix of long tight fairways and short technical holes.
A couple tournaments held here and leagues every week in the warmer months.
Right next to another 18-hole disc course.
Shares the property with walking/running trails and even horse trails. For the most part these don't interfere with the disc golf course.
Bathroom on site at beginning of course.
Cons: The hills can get to be a bit much, especially if your playing both the courses one right after the other.
Bugs!
Pay to play (but totally worth it) $3/day-$25/season.
Not enough trash cans.
Baskets not in all year.
Thick brush and trees off the fairways.
Other Thoughts: This course is very fun and challenging. I'm a local and play this course as much as possible when it's up in the warmer months. The elevation changes offer a very nice challenge as well as a good leg workout. The layout is very good with a lot of tight fairways, a few are fairly long. There is a spot after hole #8 where the old and new course meet, and this is a great spot to jump on the new course and play the 36 loop. Otherwise the entrances to each course are very close and can be played individually. There are a few bigger tournaments (bigger for the area) held on the Tower courses each summer. The leagues that are played out here swap the pin positions each time they meet, so the layout changes slightly, pretty much weekly.
The multiple pin locations, variety of holes, and proximity to the other course, gives Tower 1 a high replay value. I recommend hitting this course and it's companion, Tower Ridge 2, anytime your in the area, it will not disappoint.

Best of the two

1    9/18/2009   9/19/2009
Review By: djphilzy
Pros: Nice mix of long, short, elevation, touch shots and narrowing/ low ceiling/ dogleg fairways. worth the money! you should play this course first, as it is the best. Super fun atmosphere, great locals and great nature scape.
Cons: One of my top 10 nation wide no complaints.
Other Thoughts: I will be back next time I visit wild apple.