Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Tradewinds Park Share
Uploaded By: PDXDuck Hole #18 (Taken 6/2009)

Fun Round, Good Mix of Holes

2-4    1/9/2012   1/9/2012
Review By: J Bird
Pros: Good signs, more than one signature hole, great placement of tees and holes (away from paths and roads for the most part); Decent mix of open and tight holes (though more open than not); 18 finishes back at 1 Tee. All-in all good course.
Cons: I could see the first 2 holes getting a bit clogged when there are folks waiting on hole 1; lack of elevation (though I am used to Northeast courses and no elevation is 'par for the course' in Florida).
Other Thoughts: Wonderful layout, great use of that piece of the park - can't wait to play again on my regular visits to Ft Lauderdale. Wavered on giving 3.5, but its closer to a 4 - so there you go, a bit inflated but it'll work.

1    8/10/2010   8/14/2010
Review By: mattdabbs
Pros: There is a great variety on this course due to monthly changing of pin positions. You can tell this course is well taken care of and kept up. This course plays three different ways based on which of the three tees you play on each hole. We played all the longs and this course played ridiculously long. It was one of the most challenging courses I have played from the longs. It had a nice mix of woods, water, open. After reading the other reviews I really didn't understand just how fun and challenging this course would really be. This course demands accuracy, distance, and ability to play the wind on your drives and putting. Nice tees, nice baskets and great use of water. It just needed some water left. It is also a great course for throwing rollers as the grass is cut very short and is very consistent.
Cons: We played from the long tees and with nearly every hole over 400 or 400 with water it got a little repetitive. The wind was ridiculous and made driving and putting a real challenge. This is the course for you if you want to learn how to play the wind because it was constantly windy. Park users can come into play in a few places as well as the parking lot on hole 1. Not many birdies unless you can throw 400+ consistently. Drainage is an issue on some holes.
Other Thoughts: I had no idea how challenging this course was going to be. We played all the long tees and it really brought out its teeth. I played with a friend who is local and he said the wind wasn't even as bad as usually and by general standards it was quite windy. I can't imagine how tough this course would be from the long tees on a really windy day. Come on out and try this course because whatever skill level you are at you can play the tee that will challenge you while keeping it fun.

Begginer Player - Begginer Course

1    4/22/2010   4/30/2010
Review By: Ludwig
Pros: Well marked T-Pad signage made it easy even for a beginner like me to figure out each hole although I did have an experienced guide helping me out.

Wide open for a good number of holes with a few shaped shots required.

As a lefty, it was nice that a lot of the holes had options for angles of attack.

Everyone we met on the course was helpful, and friendly. Even those that weren't playing but were enjoying the surrounding park.

Excellent mix of wide open, wooded, and water holes.
Cons: Due to recent rains, there were large bodies of water that wouldn't have normally been there requiring me to go wading in order to fetch my errant discs. Particularly on 16, and 17.

Unfortunately there was construction going on that prevented us from playing 15.
Other Thoughts: Although the water on 6 and 7 isn't necessarily a con, it does make it difficult for beginners.

I'm thrilled to have been introduced to the sport on a course like this and strongly recommend it for anyone else who is just starting out.