Myrtle Beach/Garden City, SC
Tupelo Bay DGC Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #2 (Taken 2/2010)

< Prev 1 2 3
Nice Grass

1    7/3/2013   7/13/2013
Review By: Prototype
Pros: Playing on a par 3 course with manicured grass.
Nice course and facilities
Fun for the family while on vacation.
Golfers respect your right to play
The course is easy to navigate
Nice Innova Baskets
Cons: Short, I threw a Roc at almost every tee box
Costs money to play
Other Thoughts: Definately a novelty course. I wouldnt play it every day. The course is a nice contrast to my mountain courses here at home. They do not sell discs in the club house. Fee to play is 9-$7 or play twice for $10.

MB

1    4/19/2013   4/19/2013
Review By: Mr. Elixir
Pros: There's a DG course in MB. Well kept and very difficult to lose a disc. You can apparently play late into evening under a lighted course.
Cons: Pay to play. You share the same course with ball golfers. It's just not the same as playing in a dedicated and more heavily wooded and more challenging disc golf course.
Other Thoughts: Came here over a year ago while visiting the area in the off season but never submitted a review... because it was the off season we had the course all to ourselves. I could see it not being as pleasant on a crowded day with other golfers there for pitch and putt. Don't go out of your way to play here or you're bound to be disappointed.

Caddyshack DG

2-4    10/23/2012   10/25/2012
Review By: nygfaninva
Pros: Beautiful Course. Great amenities (restrooms/drinks...maybe even a golf cart if you wanted one....who knows?) No chance of losing a disc. Easy to follow.
Cons: 9 holes. Very short. Very basic, not challenging. Ball golfers play on same course. No woods (BUT if you use sand traps, Greens and cart path as OB, as suggested, it is a little trickier). Expensive! You pay way too much for such a short easy course.
Other Thoughts: Overall I enjoyed the two rounds (One 18 round actually) mostly because I had never until now played DG on a ball golf course. It was pretty neat and very different from what I was used to. The other golfers were very nice to me even allowing me to play through. The club house staff were very nice and not degrading toward DGers despite catering to ball golf as a primary business. Still, with all said about the fun of playing on a groomed ball golf course, it left a lot to be desired as a challenging or traditional DG course. Fun little ace race course or just to have a good time away from the beach. Didn't play at night, I had plans, but that may have made the experience even better.

Don't drive far

2-4    7/17/2011   9/17/2011
Review By: Brad bass
Pros: They stay open until 11 which helps when it's hot out the sings are nice and the grass is always kept low.
Cons: Cost is high and the holes are ball golf holes. No challenge.
Other Thoughts: If your close or are here in the hot months than it's nice to play at night but the cost is WAY to high $7.00 per 9

DG in MB

1    7/10/2011   7/12/2011
Review By: Hindenburg
Pros: Its pretty cool to say that youve played on a BG course. Fairways are very well maintained. Plus they are open until 11pm with good lighting giving you the oppertunity for some awesome night DG.. A lot of the baskets are on the top of a small dune so putting may be a little of a challenge because if you miss its going back down the other side of the hill and it might take a few strokes to get back. Its close to the ocean so its windy almost all the time giving you a chance to work on playing against the elements.
Cons: YOU HAVE TO PAY..... its 7 dollars for 9 holes and 10 for 18. all holes are wide open and pretty much straight making them a little repetitive. golfers can be a pain and most of the time dont realize that you have a right to be there also. Had a guy yell at me for playing frisbee on the green but apologized once he realized that we were supposed to be there. No designated tee boxes and have to tee from the same spot as the golfers.
Other Thoughts: Id suggest going very early in the morning or late at night since they are lit for night play. not as crowded then. Ocean lakes RV campground takes people once a week staying in their park to play DG. its a great way to keep people learning about the sport. It sucks that you have to pay but just to be able to play somewhere at night and for that reason Id be willing to play just to get a round in at night.

Sort of a novelty

2-4    6/30/2011   7/4/2011
Review By: turbosteve
This review was updated on 7/12/2011
Pros: -Course is well maintained.
-It has a clubhouse on site.
-It is located near the beach.
-It has lights for night golf.
Cons: -Course doesn't have a lot of variety to it. It is basically 9 open holes about 200 -300ft from the tee.
-Course is shared with ball golfers.
-The course is expensive to play. It costs $7.00 for 9 holes and $10.00 for 18 holes.
-Hole number 3 runs dangerously close to highway 17
Other Thoughts: This course is pretty much the only option for those wanting to play disc golf in Myrtle Beach. The course is not worth the money it costs to play even at night. I would recommend that if you play this course you only play it once.

Fun night

2-4    6/22/2011   6/29/2011
Review By: Herd1978
Pros: Lighting. It was cool to be able to play without taking time away from the beach. We were able to do our typical vacation day at the beach, then after the kids were asleep, still able to get 3+ rounds in here because it was lighted. Majority of holes are aceable, which also makes it exciting. Actually saw one hit in the basket then bounce out and roll a good 150 ft. away.
Cons: You will play much faster than the golfers, so there may be a wait. Again though, you've got all night to play. We played right up until 11 p.m.
Other Thoughts: It was fun to be able to go out late and get a few rounds in. The $ is a bit much for DG, but you're already spending a fortune anyhow. We paid for 2 rounds, but backtracked holes due to the slower play of the golfers. We probably got in a good 30+ holes.

Fun and different

1    6/16/2011   6/17/2011
Review By: uncjibble
Pros: Night disc golf! The main reason we wanted to play here was the ability to play at night. It was also fun playing on a ball golf course especially when one of us landed in the sand trap. Course was nice, and they did about as good of a job as possible with design considering that you have to stay away from the greens and that the course is mostly wide open. Course is wide open which gives you some fun ace chances. Did I mention that you can play at night?
Cons: Pay to play. I wouldnt pay here all of the time but for something fun on vacation it's worth it. Ball golfers are slow and don't let you play through. The pond was drained and smelled kind of nasty. Ball golfers can be rude, one of our shots landed on the next fairway (to be fair though the basket was right on the edge of it so the shot was <30 ft from the basket) and a guy playing that hole yelled at us about playing frisbee around here and told us to take it somewhere else. I informed him at we paid to play and had just as much right as him to be here. He did apologize on the next hole.
Other Thoughts: Some comments have said the course is short, and there are some short holes but there were a few where I had to put some power on my shot. Maybe I'm just not as good at driving. This course is really fun for what it is, a different novelty course, but not one I would consider a true or challenging course. I still had a great time playing and that is why I rated it high. I spoke to the manager when we were paying and he said they were thinking about adding holes to the 18 hole par 4 course which would be awesome!

My Last Resort Course

2-4    5/18/2011   5/23/2011
Review By: Citadelly
Pros: -Very well maintained course!

-Easy to navigate (follow cart path)

-Lights to play at night
Cons: -*Pay to play* $7.00 for 9 holes

-All par 3's with baskets mixed in along side 'real' golf holes

-Hole 3 runs parallel to 17 business

Other Thoughts: I use as a last resort course if Loris & East Bay Park are not an option

1    3/19/2011   3/27/2011
Review By: medic5888
Pros: Very well maintained
Cons: Short, Short, Short.
Extremely busy during the day.
Ball golfers out in the way due to it being on a par 3 course.
No challenging holes at all.
Pay to Play
Other Thoughts: To be a place as big as the myrlte beach area this is all they have to offer so I had to play. I will not talk bad about any place, but I can say I did not enjoy it. I had to drive from beside the wooden tee pads made for ball golf.

< Prev 1 2 3