Myrtle Beach/Garden City, SC
Tupelo Bay DGC Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #7 (Taken 2/2010)

Don't drive far

2-4    7/17/2011   9/17/2011
Review By: Brad bass
Pros: They stay open until 11 which helps when it's hot out the sings are nice and the grass is always kept low.
Cons: Cost is high and the holes are ball golf holes. No challenge.
Other Thoughts: If your close or are here in the hot months than it's nice to play at night but the cost is WAY to high $7.00 per 9

DG Putt-Putt in Myrtle Beach

2-4    8/19/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: G Bud
Pros: -Novelty Course - DG on a ball golf course
-Lights for Night play (Cool!!)
-Discatcher Baskets
-Beautifully well maintained course (It's on a par 3 BG course for Pete's sake!)
-Good course for beginners or short play work.
-Mostly open fairway - Some trees and I found a couple of them.
-Clubhouse: Restrooms, food, disc rentals ($7 to play)
-Easy to find: Right on Bus. 17 - You can see the course from the street.
Cons: -Fair use of terrain - Course could easily be made more challenging.
-No Tee Pads - Tees are not marked - Look for a worn patch next to BG Tee.
-Disc don't stick - Because of it being a BG course and very well groomed; disc skip, slide and roll rather then just stop.
-You share the course with ball golfers so keep an eye out for the stray Golf ball.
Other Thoughts: There seems to be a putt-putt miniature golf course on every corner in Myrtle Beach. I would sort of compare this to a putt-putt course for disc without the pirates or windmills. I think it is a novelty to be able to say you played DG on a BG course and for that reason it is probably worth playing a round or two. Not all the baskets are to the left of the green. 3, 5, 7 & 8 are to the right and most baskets sit before the green. 6 was the only one pin high. Hole 1 can't be seen from the "tee" as it is tucked into the trees on the left. I played the cart path OB to add a bit more of a challenge and took a stroke or two because of it.
The evening we were there we basically had the course to ourselves. We passed by it quite a few times before playing and found that mid-day through early evening was the best time the course didn't seem crowded with ball golfers. I guess everybody is at the beach or it is just too hot for them. But once the lights come on forget it, the place is packed with ball golfers.
Having never been on a BG course, I was excited to be at Tupelo Bay playing on well manicured fairways. As I played, I wondered who designed the course as I felt that the grounds and baskets placement could have been better thought out and designed. After my rounds I went in and asked the clubhouse dude if he knew if a disc golfer designed the course or any info he had on the course. He said he didn't know much except it was there but he did agree with me that the baskets were before the greens to keep the disc golfers off the greens. There was a family out playing a round of DG as we got started (The Myrtle Beach Resort takes patrons there once a week as a resort activity) and if this course can help turn on some new players I say BRAVO!! So if you find yourself on the Grand Strand and need to scratch that DG itch, Tupelo Bay is well worth the time and money. FORE!!!!

Not worth paying

1    7/7/2009   7/12/2009
Review By: Vicarious
Pros: This course is very well kept because it is on a small par three golf course. baskets seemed a little bit worn but they might have been bought used but that is fine with me.
Cons: paying to play this course is a joke. I have played courses that were 10 times better than this course and they were free. There is a lot of traffic at this course because you must share fairways with golfers. Stagnant water pools can be an issue for bugs.
Other Thoughts: I wish Myrtle Beach or the Myrtle Beach area would have a better course. I figured there would be a plethora of courses because there are so many golf courses. This course could be improved. I noticed that there was a wooded area to the right of the clubhouse. If they could expand into that wooded area this course might be added to my list to pay.