6 Helpful / 0 Not
Short but nice equipment.
Pros: Twin Creeks Park is located in a very small park scattered with trees. It's a nice walk in the park with only a few places to lose discs. The grass is well manicured and a great place for beginners.
The baskets are very nice Mach 2's.
The tee pads are very large cement tee pads. Perfectly flat and super long.
There are adequate tee signs at every hole.
Holes #3 & #7 have a long cement tee pad and tee sign as well.
There are a good variety of beginner distances and shots required.
Cons: This course is very short and the holes are very close together. It won't challenge more skilled players and safety could be an issue.
The tee signs are installed right next to the tee pad and right in the middle. They didn't bother me since the tees are so large but it could affect others.
A fenced off area comes into play on hole #7 and hole #8. If you go over the fence you have to be skinny under to crawl under it or agile enough to climb it.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Short, but Sweet
Pros: - Minimal elevation (small retention basin) that is better then nothing.
- Decent variety in distance.
- Trees create some defined fairways.
- Large concrete teepads
- Great signs with par, distance, and a small picture
- Baskets are in great condition with hole number marked on top.
- A few alternate tee pads (#3 and #7) that provide experienced players with a little more of a challenge.
- Very beginner friendly
- Great place if you are looking for ace runs
Cons: - Some holes are straight short shots with no obstacles.
- Hole 2 plays close to a small baseball field.
- Holes 1-4 play nearly on top of each other and could get dangerous if there were several groups out at once.
- A few holes throw towards a street where if you overshoot the basket by 100' you are in the street.
- Generally, lacks "wow" factor.
- The retention basin portion gets really sloppy after rain.
Other Thoughts: Though this course has all the proper equipment and is well put together, the design and area will never allow it to be a great course. I do believe however every disc golf course that is put together as well as this one has a purpose. It is a great place to take beginners and is a fun place to throw some ace runs and work on your short game. It really utilizes the space to the best of its ability. Don't expect anything great at this course but I applaud the Buffalo Grove Park District for putting in a second course and for maintaining it so well.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.