7 Helpful / 0 Not
Great times, at TPCC!
Pros: I'm just going to make lists in the section based on my insights to the course.
- Very spacious, lots of room to have your space, and never really feel like your waiting to play like some of the more over-populated courses in the area.
- Two courses in one location, each with Blue/White/Red boxes makes for not really just two courses but 6 in all, which can be great if you're going out with different levels of players.
- Staff is very friendly and really takes the time to talk and shoot the sh** if that's your thing.
- Nice club-house with AC, Large TV for watching sports, or whatever if you're taking a break, ping-pong, and a nice pool table with both full and 9-ball racks.
- Discnation pro-shop here, so if you need another disc to add to the bag you can do it while you're here.
- Snacks, beers, and other cold drinks.
- Blue tees, challenging, major shot variety, and hazards that truly make you go for the big or 'tough' shots
- White tees, seems to be a fair mix of playing on the blue and red box (almost 50/50) with some holes with their own White box. Makes for a great middle of the road but still difficult course.
- Red tees, make for an extremely fun game, quick even with a full card. For Moderate to good players this can definitely make you feel good about your game while still being somewhat challenging.
- Very clean, trashcans every few holes, never really find to much trash.
Cons: - Tee signs!!! (Old non-color, most have been broken or damaged). They need Tee Signs on every hole and at every box with lengths.
- Actual hole lengths on the scorecards that are accurate, when they mow they move the baskets which can change hole length anywhere from 10-60 feet at times depending on where they move it.
- Replace some baskets, some are bent, lopsided and just need to be replaced.
Other Thoughts: - As one of the cons, I spoke about moving the baskets and length, I'm not completely opposed to none post hole baskets, but I think a better choice would be to have A/B/C basket locations for each hole with posts instead of just moving the baskets to arbitrary locations when the course is mowed.
- Finish the restaurant, apparently from talking to other disc golfers this thing has been a work in progress for 4 years, it seems that as of late they've gotten closer to finishing it up but still no word on when (They even have all the cooking gear in and ready). I think this could drive and add a ton more business for this great place.
- Some tree maintenance needs to be done, some of the older trees have rotted out and some of the very large trees have a lot of dead underbrush that could be cleaned out to make the course look pristine.
- Possibly drop greens fees to $5 a day for Disc Golf for non-members, I understand it's a $10 park entrance fee of sorts for DG, Mountainbiking, but maybe $5 for either or and $10 for full park access for the day?
- I would really like them to put some more money in to this place and in return I think they could make a lot more out of it.
7 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.