Weed, CA
University of OB Share
Uploaded By: Matt_Kelly Hole #4
"Hawaii Five O" is now Hole 4.

My Definition Of An Average Course!

1    10/13/2015   10/14/2015
Pros: The University of OB course plays out in a undeveloped area behind the baseball field on the campus of the College of the Siskiyous. The area is a almost entirely flat section of high desert pine forest. The pines are scattered just enough so that course designers had to make most holes straight ahead. To me, these soon became monotonous.

The course has been around for a while and is showing her age. Everything is a little old and worn out. The baskets are older models with the cool metal numbers machined out on top. The tee signs have the next tee arrow on them which is a great help, if you can only remember to look for it before leaving the tee box. I kept remembering about it when I was well away from the tee pad.

There are some creative aspects to this course.
Mt. Shasta, the cool elevated basket on # 9.
The WWF cage on # 10.
The mile post marker showing distances to various other courses.
Great views of Mt. Shasta.

But my favorite part of the course were the holes playing around and across the gully. # 7 is a sweet little throw to a basket perched close to the gully's edge. Then # 8 was initially a scary, difficult looking throw across the gully, especially into a blinding morning sun. I discovered it wasn't as frightening as I has first perceived.
Cons: I thought all the yellow out of bounds ropes were contrived and actually a bit confusing. I basically just ignored them.

I struggled with spotting the baskets and also with the navigation in general. I couldn't read the online map I had printed, there were a couple of missing signs and I never did find # 15. I found the final holes as I was finding my way back to my car.

I was really disappointed in the finish of the course. # 18 playing across maintenance equipment and piles of rubble is really an ugly way to conclude your round here.
Other Thoughts: The course is just off I-5 making it an easy pit stop on your drive through Northern Cal. My opinions seem to be mostly in the minority of other reviewers here but that wouldn't be the first time. The course is worth a stop but I didn't find the enjoyment factor here that I was expecting. Stop and formulate your own opinion.

OB is Contrived

1    8/14/2009   9/30/2009
Review By: Scorchysrevenge
Pros: -There's one neat hole with a sharp ravine that adds the only diversity to the course
-May be playable in the winter.
-"The Cage' was VERY interesting/unique. There's a hole that has a cage with 3 sides and a top that will easily trap your discs and you have to throw from within the cage with your foot touching a pole placed at the back of the cage- challenging.
Cons: -Dusty
-Long drive to get to unless you live in Weed or Mt. Shasta
-The excessively marked OB is a desperate attempt to add color and challenge to a dull course.
Other Thoughts: It's nice that there is a course in this area. The more courses the better. Bring a dust mop for your discs.

Mountain Air

1    10/12/2008   10/22/2008
Review By: beauzen
Pros: Very pleasant setting (nice weather really helped with this). Impressive 'mound' hole.
Cons: Not much in the way of elevation change. A little confusing on where hole #14b was; and tight fairways between hole #7 and #8.
Other Thoughts: No hole #1? OB's were designated with ropes, and seemed a little too arbitrary, unecessary and hard to spot. Otherwise a nice break when traveling I-5. Obviously, without knowing/playing the alternate pin placements, I cannot comment on the full potential of this course.