Boiling Springs, SC
Va-Du-Mar Park Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #7 (Taken 2/2013)
3 / 180ft.   3 / 244ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

GREAT Course!

1    6/30/2014   7/8/2014
Review By: DGLobo999
Pros: Great layout with LOTS of variation in shots required. Great use of trees and elevation. A true design with the disc golfer and the flight of the disc in mind! Excellent tees, signage, and baskets. Good risk/reward opportunities. Easy to navigate.
Cons: Needs benches badly. Did not see facilities but only played passing through so I might have missed them. #7 descent is a nightmare when dry. Can't imagine the fun if wet!
Other Thoughts: Nice park. Well maintained. Definitely recommend making the trip to play this course. Kudos to the designers.

Well done on a nice spot of land

1    5/9/2014   5/10/2014
Review By: Hearin Chains
Pros: - Great mix of open and woods shots
- Balanced Risk / Reward options
- Elevation used well to add dynamics to shot selection
- Lots of benches , Tee box signs are nice and professional
Cons: - Would have liked to have small next tee signs under the basket on every hole, rather then the large yellow ones on some
- odd transition to 10 long
- basket for 12 very close to fairway for 11
- unclear on the intended play for hole 2 from back tee
Other Thoughts: I was traveling through town on Friday and I though I would give this course a try. I was not disappointed!

From the back tees, holes that stood out to me:
5: Nice uphill long dog leg left,very fun.
7: Back down the hill, very straight. Good chance to throw a thumber.
11: another down hill, but with more room to work and longer. Will come back to play this one.
14: Wicked pin placement on the edge of a retention pond with the creek on the downslope after the pin.

Even solo I had a great time here, and would really love to come back and play with some of the locals. The love of their course is evident in how well maintained and clean it is.

Va-Du-Mar

2-4    8/28/2012   11/28/2012
Review By: JeffShearsmith
Pros: Great course with lots of elevation change. Nice play through trees. Some holes you can rip it off the tee while others require a little more finesse.
Cons: The two holes with nearby water hazards ate my disc.
Other Thoughts: Close to so will play often.

Great Job!!

5+    5/11/2012   5/12/2012
Review By: Voice of Reason
Pros: So, I have played this course 2 times since its redesign and I must say that the second was far superior to the first. I initially was quite upset about the changes to the back but after playing the 90% finished product that has changed completely.

The first item I want to point out is that I only played from the longs and prob wont play shorts again because the long layout was just that much fun.

Hole 2- the new long tee has a well manicured path to it, and a defined fairway(mowed,with tall grass on left and right.) this is a bomb and a really fun shot. Par was taken by me.

Hole 6- FINALLY!!!! the long tee is finally enjoyable. there is enough room to try and float one down the fairway with enough height to go for the birdie 3. Thank you for this! (Par)

Hole 10- The other original par 4 hole is slightly better. the tee shot is still very tight, but the new pin position is a little more forgiving. (Par)

Hole 11- What an awesome par 5. The only true par 5 anywhere in the upstate. ( I took a 7) this hole will challenge anyone. you have to place each of your shots precisely to get a 5 or maybe even a 4.

Hole 12- LOVE THIS. I was so glad they kept the two trees in play on this course. the old 13 long was a good hole, this is a great hole. I was undecided as to which gap to aim for (the lefty hyzer around or the tunnel) I ended up in between. but a great second shot can give the opportunity for a birdie. (my first of the day)

Hole 13- This hole is deceptively challenging. I thought it would be a nice easy lefty hyzer around the gap but i left it short. and flubbed my upshot,(BOGEY)

Hole 18- Another challenging par 4. this can be pretty forgiving but a 5 looms if you dont hit the first or second shots right. (Par)
Cons: The only reason I did not give this course a 4.5 is because there was limited signage and no Tee pads on 14. Signs would really help on some of the longer holes and will improve my rating once installed. also, not having a clearly marked tee or teepad for 14 was a small let down. Again, once this is done my rating will go up.
Other Thoughts: All I can say is this course is my new favorite in the Upstate, and #2 in the State. (Stoney Hill is #1) If you have not played this course since the redesign, or have only played it before they finished the fairways and lines, GO PLAY VA DU MAR! You will not be disappointed.