Milwaukee, WI
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Dineen Disc golf course

5+    4/22/2014   4/22/2014
Review By: Sendelbach17
Pros: -Few Trees for beginners
-Water shouldn't really come in to play
-Most holes are aceable if you're in the 300-350' range
-Open year round
-Very Rarely Crowded
Cons: -Walking paths through the course
-Almost no signs
-Somewhat challenging to follow for the first time
-Few obstacles to make it challenging for more advanced players

Dineen

2-4    6/3/2010   6/5/2010
Review By: jrymaszewski
Pros: * There are a some long downhill holes where if you drive it well it will fly pretty far. It is very similar to the first hole at Valley View Park in New Berlin.

* This is an old regular golf course if I am correct. So It is in decent condition and it is wide open.

* Good course for beginners or people looking to get some practice driving
Cons: * Goose poop everywhere in the summer

*Some holes require walks back up the previous fairway To get to the next tee.

* Long walks between 7 basket and 8 Tee, 12 Basket and 13 Tee 17 Basket and 18 Tee.
Other Thoughts: * Since hole 18 doesnt really end near the parking lot where hole 1 starts, one way to cut down on your walking time is to park by the basketball courts.

* DECENT COURSE TO WORK ON YOUR DRIVING BEACUSE IT IS PRETTY WIDE OPEN. SHOULD BE A GOOD EXPERIENCE. dEFENITLY FOR YOUNGER LESS EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.

Good in the hood!

1    8/15/2009   12/3/2009
Review By: timmi_g
Pros: Good course, usually pretty well groomed. Some nice open shots. I agree it is a nice long driving course, good for the practice.
Cons: In all is does get a bit repetitious.
Other Thoughts: Ok park in the middle of the city. Not really a course to play a couple rounds in, too boring. Good for a warm up round, or for some long shot practice.

B- = Be a little too open and a little too bland

1    7/17/2007   6/7/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Nice beginner friendly course

5+    4/13/2010   2/26/2009
This review was updated on 12/13/2011
Pros: 1) Decent use of terrain and trees. Course works its way around the property creating some interesting shots.
They did the best they could with this site, having been converted from a Pitch and Putt Golf course. Old tees and greens are evident still.

2) Nice baskets, and nice concrete tee pads.

3) Nice basket placement on a few of the holes using the surrounding trees to create tight landing areas near the basket.

4) This course is very beginner friendly which I value a lot in rating a course. I don't mind difficult courses, but nearly all courses should be available to most disc golfers without being too difficult.

5) Doesnt look like anyone plays this course in the winter. There were no foot prints around the baskets, so this might be my go to course next winter, if Dretzka gets busy or shut down for the thaw.
Cons: 1) Tee signs have been improved but then damaged again since they were first put in. Could also use better signage directing first timers from #7 to #8, #12 to #13 and #17 to #18. Now I know where it goes, but new players will not figure it out without wandering a little.

2) Long walks between #7 basket and #8 Tee, #12 Basket and #13 Tee, #17 Basket and #18 Tee. Some extra holes could have been added in my opinion to eat up some of that distance.

3) Goofy setup for #13 and #14 backtracking.

4) Goose poop is evident even in the winter and summer so be careful.

5) Not so great of a neighborhood which doesnt affect the rating of the course but it will affect how often and when I go play there.

Other Thoughts: Nice beginner friendly course with some variety and good Basket placement. There is a 600 foot hole which is cool, as that is the longest hole I have played to date, albeit somewhat straight forward. Water shouldnt come into play on this hole but it did for me!

The goofy walks dont really take away too much from this course in my opinion because it was originally set up as a GOLF course (notice I did not say Ball Golf).

Bonus that this course is in over the winter although I hadn't come here yet because the snow was so deep there in the past.

I no longer want to play this course as there are plenty of better options around town during all seasons.

5+    8/4/2008   2/4/2009
Review By: kmrynders
Pros: This is an old Ball golf course that is wide open.
Good course for beginners or people looking to get some practice driving without having to worry about trees. The tees are concrete and the park is very well maintained, but in a not so 'well maintained' neighborhood.
-OPEN FOR WINTER
Cons: -Goose crap everywhere in the summer
-not enough diversity in the holes, most are just huck and putt holes without any technical side to them
-The neighborhood could be better, I've seen some odd things and people when playing this course
-The walk from hole 7 to hole 8 is a little confusing - you need to walk back towards the parking lot
Other Thoughts: This course is nothing amazing, it's good for working on drives because it is wide open. The course is open in winter so that's always a plus. Nothing really stands out to make this course great, but then again it really isn't that bad either...

Dineen Dukey

5+    4/25/2007   12/25/2008
Review By: Stashride
Pros: Very wide open..good for chucking and working on your distance..not too technical if you feel like playing a casual round of frolf..I come here sometimes if Dretska or Brown deer are crowded..
Cons: so much goose poop..at least it doesnt smell because they eat mostly grass..not very well kept..layout is a little confusing..
Other Thoughts: Easy to get lost after the first 9..follow the bridge to the other side of the park..If you got a 450ft flick in ya, youll have some fun out here!

Come on MILWAUKEE, build MORE!!!

5+    8/3/2008   8/25/2008
Review By: tomjulio
This review was updated on 9/30/2009
Pros: Very well maintained course by the city. Like previously stated it used to be a city golf course in the past so it feels like you are playing a golf course. Very VERY open. Perfect for learning on(albeit long) and PERFECT for practicing driving. Love that fact that it is nearly empty during the day except for a picnic here and there. Major PRO point is that it is IN Milwaukee. Truly the ONLY disc golf course in the city. What a shame Milwaukee.

I notice that the pics show the old gravel tees, but all are now nice cement ones.
Cons: Being very open can be a plus, and sometimes a CON. For variety it's a CON. Kind of in a shady part of town but oh well, it's the ONLY course in Milwaukee proper...did I mention that already?
Other Thoughts: This is my go to course when I just want to get out and play when in Milwaukee and don't want to drive 10 to 20 miles for the next available course. Great for beginners to just chuck discs and others to practice the basics on without worrying about losing a disc.

UPDATED 7/13/09: Pretty good maintenance as of late. Great new signs up with hole number, yardage, and next pin locations. Bumping up rating to 3.5