2 Helpful / 0 Not
- Nice park in a convenient location between Waterloo and Cedar Falls.
- Close to amenities such as fast food and gas stations for those jonesing for a round on their lunch break.
- Quick rounds can be expected on this very straightforward course.
- Decent elevation changes make showing how fun disc golf can be easy for those teaching the game to beginners. The course designers did a good job in making good use of the elevation available.
- Flat and grippy concrete tee pads.
- #9 basket is missing.
- Some lines throw along a walking path so players need to be self-aware when hucking their plastic.
- Layout could be improved by changing the direction/location of the alternate teepads rather than simply making them 20-30 feet longer than the shorts.
- No topless Hooters girls frolicking along the #8 fairway.
Valley View is where I first saw a disc golf basket up close and personal many years ago, so it was nice to get back to the old stamping grounds and play this course having an appreciate for the game. Despite its low rating, this is a decent local course that has enough zing to keep local players coming back time and again for a round. It's not a destination course -- it's not even really an "on the way" course -- but it's a nice course to have available should you live in the Cedar Valley. It won't end up in your favorites and I wouldn't drive out of my way to play it, but eight more baskets to throw at in a nice park is definitely a plus.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Valley View Park
Pros: -It is located in a nice clean park
-The signs are good and the course is easy to follow for new people
-Multiple pads so if you play through the 9 holes through twice you can play 18 holes that are all a little different.
Cons: -The course is short and there are only 9 holes.
-There is nothing amazing about the course it is just a typical easy 9 hole course that is fun to play if you are in the area.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Nice little course.
Pros: Good course for beginning players. Has a couple longer holes, and the need to navigate around some trees. However most the holes are pretty open. The course is well maintained and there are restrooms on site. Easy to get too, has its own parking. Also picnic tables and a shelter. Some good elevation changes and multiple tee pads.
Cons: Drop offs on some tee pads are a little steep. Watch your ankles. This course can get a little crowded but normally it isn't too bad.
Other Thoughts: This is a good course to learn on or take someone who is interested in learning to disc golf. Not the most challenging course but its fun to go out there and just throw sometimes. Watch out for people on the bike path though!
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.