Van, TX
Van City DGC Share
Uploaded By: sananda3d Hole #18 (Taken 3/2009)

Alright Course

1    1/22/2011   2/10/2011
Review By: coolpooky7
Pros: Good course with a few challenging holes. Great place to go to try for an ace. I played in the winter so there was not much standing water. I like the fact that some locals are trying to make trails and tee boxes with sticks and spray paint.
Cons: Def needs a lot of upkeep and maintenance. Needs more trees cut down for fairways and paths. needs better hole markers and directions to holes. Could not find hole 16 or tee boxes for 1, 17, and 18.
Other Thoughts: Overall I would play this course again on my trips between Dallas and Tyler. But I am sure I have not seen this course at its worst.

Good little change

5+    1/1/2010   2/9/2010
Review By: Roc1Time
Pros: This course gets a low rating just because there is quite a bit to complain about but lets get to the good things first. A neat little course that has TONS of potential! Great baskets that are in good shape. The tightness of this course is great because I really enjoy technical golf. The tees are natural which is also a like of mine. The course is pretty short so even the newer players wont be to overcome with big boomer shots. Your Rocs/putters and TL will get plenty of play here leaving all of your big boy drivers feeling left out.You will have to have a good straight shot to score well here but you will also have to turn your disc in some really small tunnels. I have never seen anyone out here so you can play as many shots as you want and not have to worry about getting in anyones way.
Cons: During the spring/summer months there is tons of water and the mosquitoes will eat you up for sure. The navigation can be tough but I have found most of both sets of pads over time. There is some debris that is scattered throughout the course but nothing to bad.
Other Thoughts: I think that if there was a club here or someone who lived closer would make an effort, the problems could get fixed here and this would be a great stop for any golfer traveling to East Texas. I always stop when in the area cause its worth it if you can take the time. If the problems were taken care of I would rate this much higher for sure!