Hawesville, KY
Vastwood Park Share
Uploaded By: Mr Mirth Hole #16 (Taken 8/2009)
4 / 334ft.   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #16 Tee: 373'

Good ol country boys made a good course

1    7/12/2010   7/27/2010
Review By: absolutdork
Pros: Decently designed course, especially the back nine. Elevation changes galore! The hilliest course I have ever played, and man does it challenge your shots, especially putting. Very technical drives too.
Cons: When I said decently designed course, I was giving props to the back nine. The front nine however, has much to be desired. Too many zig zags and confusing baskets as to what hole they may go to. There even is a nice sized lake off in the distance during the front nine, and they didn't even bother to play anywhere close to it! Like I said before, very hilly so if you are playing when it is hot, make sure you bring plenty of fluids as this course will beat you up by just walking it alone.
Other Thoughts: Overall, a nice course tucked into the middle of nowhere. If you are ever in the Owensboro area, make sure you take the extra 20 minutes of drive time to check this course out. You will not be disappointed.

Always A Challenge

5+    8/21/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: Mr Mirth
Pros: Technically challenging course involving elevation, distance, OB.
Great baskets with concrete tees, signs, benches, garbage cans.
Picturesque.
Cons: Distances on many signs are wrong.
A few unlevel tees.
Can be congested/ confusing near tees #2 and #6 with basket #5.
Rough can be thick with abundant ivy.
A big beautiful lake in view and nary a hole around it.

1    6/23/2009   6/23/2009
Review By: bdamcat
Pros: All holes have concrete tee pads, signs, benches, and excellent baskets. Personally I love that all of this course is up or down a hill. It offers something that is different from the other courses around me. Nice layout that starts and stops at the parking lot.
Cons: Too much IVY!!! I'm highly contagious to the stuff and I had to be extra cautious. The front nine was somewhat confusing because some baskets was in view that were not in play. And I would reccomend playing with a group. It would have been nice to have a spotter on a few holes where you loose sight of your disc on the pad throwing over a hill.
Other Thoughts: Overall I really liked this course and will drive to play there again. Back nine was challenging but the front nine gives you chances at some birdies.

Tough course

1    11/15/2008   11/17/2008
Review By: jgentry
Pros: This course is set in a nice park with concrete tee pads and nice signs. This course is mostly in the woods with only a couple of openish holes. It has a lot of elevation change. You are either throwing down a steep hill or up one. Several of the baskets are very hard to get to in one throw and OB comes into play bigtime on the back nine. The back nine is extremely difficult but has some exceptional holes. #16 and #18 were my two favorites on this course.
Cons: The front nine has several holes clumped very close together and you have to make extra sure you are throwing at the correct basket and are on the correct tee pad. The hills on this course are brutal. You had better have a couple gatoraids if your playing in the hot summer or you might be found dead.
Other Thoughts: This is a challenging course that is still fun to play. I was not a huge fan of the front nine but the back nine makes up for it with almost all of them being tough good holes. If you like wooded course or lots of elevation give it a try. Not an easy course to score low on!

1    9/12/2008   9/15/2008
Review By: Cool Daddio
Pros: It's a beautiful location and no insanely difficult holes. The pads signs and baskets are all in good shape. The underbrush isn't bad (compared to my home course) and the layout allows for a variety of shots. I love the mature high branch trees which allow nice overhead shoots.
Cons: The grass in the fields was VERY tall which was a drag and the many of the tees slope with the hillside. I had a terrible time finding the next tee and had to backtrack four times. Lots of OB scattered about.
Other Thoughts: This was my first and must say very brutal introduction to hill side disc golf and I saw my putt misses on 1 13 and 14 roll greater than 50 ft down hill. Man that sucks! I though the impenetrable briars of my home town course was tough but I have great sympathy for you billy goat regulars. It is on the way from my old hometown in Louisville to my daughter in Owensboro so I'm sure I'll get many tries again.

great course in the middle of nowhere

2/28/2008   2/28/2008
Review By: skottyb
Pros: awesome layout, great elevation changes throughout the course, will make your legs burn after one round.
Cons: tee pads are not level.
Other Thoughts: theres a great place to eat in the back of the park, a nice break in between rounds especially during those hot summer months..