Tupelo, MS
Veteran's Park - Original Share
Uploaded By: 3456789   (Taken 10/2009)
Practice Basket

All the Intangibles (Elvis Presley!)

1    6/8/2012   6/12/2012
Review By: Iowa420DG
Pros: PLAY/FLOW - This course involves every kind of shot you can imagine and all the scenery to go with it. You get water, elevation, dog legs, and finesse shots. Holes #2 & #3 were especially fun and unique with their elevation.
No navigation troubles, "next tee" signs were prevalent. Two tee pads for most holes, baskets caught well. You end up RIGHT where you started whether you play 18 or 27.

PEOPLE/SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY - I encountered the friendliest people ever on this disc golf course. Its difficult to describe, but if you're from a Southern town like this, you probably know what I mean.
A trail runs through the course, but the only people that we came across (a mother and 3 children) were very respectable and acknowledged us. They stayed clear but stopped in the distance to watch us play the hole to show the kids what disc golf was all about. The mildly added pressure was fine with me.
On the next hole, we caught up to a group of 3, who stopped and allowed us to play through without any hesitation. Some people will act as if they don't realize you're right on their tail and playing 10x faster - not these locals. They were very respectable and kind.
On the last 9 holes, I encountered a guy who had been trying for an hour to retrieve his favorite disc from the lake using a 20 lb., homemade disc retriever. He only managed to pull up loads of rocks and clams... and a DX Eagle that he gladly just GAVE to us. Most people fishing for discs are doing it for a profit -- not this guy. That was very kind of him.
The father/son working the little sno cone shop were very kind and helpful as well. They provided plenty of additional, useful, time-saving information about the last 9 when I asked them how to find #19.
Cons: I could nit pick about the last 9, but its important to keep in mind that these are "bonus" holes. Any holes after 18 are bonus, in my opinion, and can only help the rating.
The baskets on the wooded holes could really use a bright color to help identify them.
Other Thoughts: This course is located right next to Elvis Presley's birth home. This came as a pleasant surprise, and I briefly enjoyed the sightseeing and history of the museum for free.
Try a "Tiger's Blood" sno cone. It was bomb!

5+    2/13/2009   2/20/2009
Review By: Joey Ingle
Pros: This course has it all! uphill, downhill, trees, open, water, o.b's, even ducks and geese!
Great course for all kinds of players, somedays you will hit all your gaps and somedays you will seem to hit every tree on the course!
One of my favorite courses!!!
Cons: as baz said, a few holes need an alternate pin positions. we are still trying to find room to put them, but working on more alternate pins and tees.
Other Thoughts: Great course to play if your ever in Tupelo. Only one block from the birthplace of the "King of Rock and Roll"....Elvis