Course Extinct
Winder, GA
Victor Lord Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #7 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 258ft.   -- / --   3 / 368ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Short Tee

1 2 Next >
 I liked it....

1    2/13/2009   2/13/2009
Review By: BobbyC13
Pros: Great layout, good signage, very fun wooded holes, and well thought out.
Cons: A lot have said bad signage but come on it is overmarked for "next tee" and the markings on the trees let you know where the basket is. As long as you use COMMON SENSE and are familiar with disc golf you can very easily navigate ALL of the holes. Only 17 holes but my friend and I played the trash can behind 17 basket to # 1 basket and it was a good finisher. There are a lot of briars though, I did get cut up. Tight fairways and it slightly favors forehanders.
Other Thoughts: I must say I liked the course a lot. It was not hard to navigate the holes for my friend and I. They were just cleared to use a lot of acres to put 6 more holes in the woods they said. I say go play it, you will not regret it!!!

Six New Holes - 16 Total Now

2-4    1/29/2009   1/31/2009
Review By: hooboy
Pros: Six new, wooded holes recently installed, with a decent layout. New holes are now 4-10, 1-3 original course, then you head deep into the woods. I like the new holes, though they are very "rough" and terribly marked. One cool hole (8/9?) under / over an arched tree. 4-8 from original course (now 10-14) not bad, mostly open. 8/14 is a really nice par 4/5 through a stand of pine trees. Finishing hole (10/16) not bad. I'd rate this course lower, due poor signange, tee pads, and its "roughness", but I know its kind of "home grown", and I know they are trying. At least the new holes are in, are decent, and all holes have two teeing areas.
Cons: No real tee pads, only paralell logs in flat spots. Not at all well marked, particularly the new holes. Some "next tee" signs, but then they disappeared. Signage on these holes consists of a number on a tree, pink flags on trees sort of marking the way. No numbers on tee baskets. I got lost more than once on the new holes, but eventually figured it out. When you end the new holes (4-9), you are back at the original 4-10, and they still say 4-10. Old hole 9 has disappeared. Only because I had played here before could I navigate this course. 9/15 is way below 8/14, steep hill down, or a long walk around the ball field. The new holes are very rough, stumps, trees, sticker bushes often in the fairway. Lots of steep up and down walking, traversing a creek bed. I almost wiped out / tripped several times. Be careful on these holes, and on the hill down from 8/14 to 9/15.
Other Thoughts: I know this is a community funded course, and it looks like they need money / volunteers. With some play and TLC the new rougher holes will wear in. Why only 16 holes? There is certainly space all around for 2 more holes. Minimum, home grown signage, and a volunteer day to spruce up tee boxes, paths, directional markers, etc. is what this course needs.

VLP

5+    1/5/2009   1/13/2009
Review By: Buzzed
Pros: New holes with multiple pin locations, mix of open fairways and wooded skill shots. Beginner friendly and not overcrowded.
Cons: Signage or lack there of. Tee pads are natural.
Other Thoughts: This course is constantly being improved and with good signs it will be one of my favorite courses to play.

I agree

6/18/2008   6/18/2008
Review By: Rhinoflight
Pros: Close to a convenient store???
Cons: Something's just not right with this course. I guess it was practice for someone to design the course at Fort Yargo around the corner. YET, it doesn't get my lowest rating, it will occupy your time for 45 minutes or so.
Other Thoughts: Don't bother if you are intermediate or advanced. Go to Yargo.

Don't bother

6/25/2007   12/25/2007
Review By: mactavius
Pros: Hole #1 I like. It's downhill after that...
Cons: Weird course layout. Disc flight characteristics are completely ignored.
Other Thoughts: Hopefully Fort Yargo Park will provide a better course for Winder residents to play.

1 2 Next >