Wales, WI

1 2 Next >
 Average Beginner Course

5+    9/10/2011   3/16/2009
This review was updated on 1/7/2012
Pros: 1) Nice baskets, Nice concrete Tee pads. Nice signage (missing hole #8 tee sign) on each hole with minimal vandalism. Baskets are in good shape too.

2) Very beginner friendly course (well the front 9 is ok for beginners). Keep the beginners off the back 9 or they will lose a few discs in the water.

3) Nicely maintaned park with all sorts of other things to do there.

4) Nice variety of hole distances. Only 1 hole shorter than 200' which is good and up to 426'.
Cons: 1) The back 9 is not so beginner friendly. It gets a little more technical and all the water is on the left where beginners tend to throw! If they have any skill they can avoid the water by going around, but odds are beginners will try and throw around but still throw into the water.

2) Entire front 9 except for #3 has easily accessible baskets. Just in reach for a young (well newer, not young) disc golfer like myself I can get it within putting range on most of the front 9 and a few on the back nine.

3) Overall not enough challenges to warrant a weekly or biweekly trip to this course, but it is still disc golf and if I find myself in the area I will swing in. I wouldn't avoid it at all costs, but I wouldnt go out of my way for it.

4) Weak turf in some spots, especially around the pond and some of the back 9. Because of that I imagine it to be very wet and slick after rains, and after the snow thaw!
Other Thoughts: I tried to play this course the day before I did play it. It was a sunday and I drove into the parking lot and the place was overrun with 13-14 year old disc golfers in groups of 4 or more. I decided to try it on a monday instead and I got there at 3:00 PM and it became overrun with 13-14 year olds again because school must have let out. I am not saying I had a problem with the kids, but that certainly isn't the crowd I want to be playing disc golf with or around. It looks like it is just the local hangout for all the kids who live out that way!

Not much has changed with this course in a long time . . . there was a basket stolen earlier this summer which as of September still had not been replaced . . . instead a garbage can was put in its place.

um....eh?

1    11/23/2008   11/23/2008
Review By: tomjulio
This review was updated on 9/30/2009
Pros: -some good long ripper holes
-nice cement tee pads
-great signage
-two technical holes over water
-great "practice" 18 holer for adv. players
- a bunch of 200-270 ace-able holes
-family oriented park
-well kept park
Cons: -flat.flat.FLAT
-first 9 holes are forgettable
-second 9 holes almost as forgetable
-um, did I mention flat?
Other Thoughts: This is one of those courses where almost the whole park is dedicated to the disc golf course, at least the first nine holes. Problem is the first nine holes are on a flat field with MAYBE a few trees as obstacles. Looking at how many people have put their name on the tee poles for aces you can imagine how boring this course could get.

The saving grace of this 18 holer is the back nine, but not by much. There are two man made ponds that come into play on a few holes and they are at the distance of choosing safety or sorrow. We played the first water hole during the start of winter when it was iced over and we had a BLAST skipping discs off the ice and hoping for an ice-skip-ace. Our fellow DGer dam near made one, twice. Vid hopefully on the way.

Great signage, great tees help this course rise from mediocrity, but not by much. Not a destination course for sure.

Meh.

7/7/2007   7/7/2008
Review By: Iceman
Pros: This course will make you feel like a disc golf rock star. Front 9 are short and wide open, while back 9 are medium length and all basically wide open as well. Two or three holes have big water hazards on them which some might find a little thrilling although the water is easily avoidable with little skill.
Cons: This course provides little challenge to anyone over a beginners ability.
Other Thoughts: A good place to bring your girlfriend to play, or anyone new to the sport. They won't get frustrated at overly tough holes and you can practice your approaches and putts. Win win situation.

1 2 Next >