Pros: Good course with some challenges.
Great for beginners.
Cons: Baseball backstops in the way.
Grass is not mowed often.
Baskets are old.
Other Thoughts: I just wanted to get on here and let people know I have been talking with the city and they are about to make major improvements to this course. They are replacing all of the goals with ones that are up to par with PDGA standards. They are going to mow at least once a week. They plan on putting up metal tee post and signs for each hole. Look for these improvements to roll out in a couple of months. There is a group that plays every Tuesday at 6:00 pm. Please come join and have a fun time.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
I can say I've been to Paris now!
Pros: 1) Port-o-potty available by he first tee and parking area.
2) Kiosk is available for posting of announcements and lost and found information.
3) Dual tees add to the playability of this course. It is short enough from the short tees that it is beginner friendly but the added length from the back tees really helps to accomodate the better players and longer throwers.
4) There is a decent variety on this course because it has some longer more open holes, it has a few holes that play in or near some tighter woods,a nd it has the classic park style holes that are mostly open except for some large mature trees placed as obstacles between the tee and basket. These trees make you work your disc, sometimes favoring one type of shot over another, but often times you can pick your line and execute a couple of different option.
5) Posts in the ground mark the two sets of tees available for play.
6) This course was fun to play because they did a really good job tucking baskets around trees and obstacles. This course is the essence of using what the land has given you. Don;t just throw the basket out in the open with a tree to work around, place the basket close to the trees and create more than one level of challenge. Not only do you need to try and work around the trees but you also might need to putt around them if you don't miss on the far side.
7) Good distance variationa llowing for all types of throws into the baskets. Multiple shot holes also add to the character of this course.
8) Basket at least do have a number ont he rim helping you to identify what hole you are on.
Cons: 1) Rusty old Discatcher baskets could use an upgrade but at least they have something I guess. One basket is completely torn up and bent. Your disc may even slide out if you go in at the wrong angle.
2) #5 post is laying ont he ground which created confusion fo rus because we didn't know which way to play. We ended up playing 5 tee to 6 basket, and then 7 befpre we saw the basket in the corner of the woods on #5 and realized we played it wrong so we went back and played it the correct way.
3) The soil here leads to all sort of problems. It is soft, sandy soil that gets rutted up from rodents under the turf. There are soft pockets of soil all over the course and you never know when you might step in one and sink. This leads to a lack of confidence when planting your foot.
4) Tees are turf/dirt, which leads to all sort of problems on this course because of the soft sandy soil i spoke of in the last con. Concrete would simply be a better fit for this course to at least allow good footing on the drives. Not only does the turf not have a chance to survive but the soil is all over the place and rutted up. All in all some of the worst tees I have played.
5) The course is almost completely flat. There isn't much elevation change on any given hole nor through the entire course. It is a flat piece of property and there isn't much that can be done about that without some serious earth moving.
6) The road as well as the parking lot road can come into play on a couple spots. I never like to see vehicles in danger or the chance fo a disc getting run over from an errant throw!
7) No signs just the posts with the tee # on them. The signage would need much of a hole map though because it is fairly obvious where you are throwing. The baskets are almost always visible from the tee so it is all out there in front of you!
Other Thoughts: A little bit of a makeover on this course and it could be a bit better than it is. Paint the posts at the tees, install some concrete, touch up the chains and baskets with some fresh paint and this course could be at least a 3 disc course, but it will leave you with an impression that it is better than it actually plays. I am not sure about how many players it gets but it looks to be in a pretty poor neighborhood. There were not many people around while we played except for a few kids and a couple of people who pulled into the parking lot of the park.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
First and Only
Pros: This course seems to be a good course to learn on. Being a beginner myself, it definitely has it's challenges, but is by no means extremely challenging. It's has it's nice open holes, but also uses the trees to set up some really nice and challenging holes. Not just par 3's, it also has a couple par 4's and a par 5.
Cons: The course has only 15 holes. Doesn't have any water. No postings or direction for the layout of the course, which could result in confusion of tee boxes and holes. Road close to OB, but not a very busy street. One hole has broken hole. Not the best surrounding neighborhood.
Other Thoughts: Since last time reviewed I've played a couple more courses. I believe my review is accurate in the aspect of difficulty. The only thing that I would like would be updated Disc Catchers. They seem a little lower than the ones I played at a harder course.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Lots of fun!
This is a well maintained park with a playground. Good layout, varied distances! This course will challenge the average player but might get too easy for advanced players. Great mix of straight shots, anhyzers, and hyzers. Need to bring every shot in your bag. Also has a good mix of par 4's & a 5! It is very open and on a windy day can cause some trouble. Not much shade but still has a great balance of large trees. Overall a pretty nice course and very fun to play.
Friendly and active locals. I played with the local Tuesday night mini they had going on. They even included my wife with the group! This course has some major problems but the wife and loved playing here!!
No water holes make it some what boring.
Not a full 18 but still some great layout for a flat park.
The side road and cars come into play on 3-4 holes. The locals play the street OB but hitting a car can be done. (I would know)
Some baskets are broken all together or homemade.
No signs or tee boxes n several holes to help you! It is tough unless you have some local help!
Other Thoughts: Locals are working on getting a new course in soon! Check out their website @ discgolfjunkies.net
They track stats, have clean up days, and do tournaments all together.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
It has its moments
Pros: Th layout and use of land and trees proved challenging. Although it is very open, it does utilize the available trees ina very effective way. It has a mix of long and short hole. Some subtle elevation changes added an element.
Cons: One basket in particular was broken. It was hard to find our way around short of running to the baskets to make sure it was the correct basket. Tee boxes hard to spot as well.
Other Thoughts: A couple holes run close to some play ground equipment and some covered picnic tables. Depending on the traffic at the park, this could be a con. If you are trying to keep your kids entertained while you play it can be a pro.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Small town feel
Pros: Good challanges and some good long par 4's and 5's. Tree growth is everywhere making even the short throws a nice challenge. 2 Tees per hole. Park although not used much is very clean.
Cons: No water holes unless it rained less than 3 hours ago and the drainage ditch is full. Only 15 holes and no concrete tees. Some long tees are not marked and unless your a local or happen to spot the trampled dirt spot where people throw from it can be a bit confusing to navigate.
Other Thoughts: Hope to get a few players to work with the city soon to get some upgrades.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.