Waverly, IA
Wartburg College Share
Uploaded By: sunshay

Could be improved so easily

1    8/4/2012   8/5/2012
Review By: zreiter
Pros: Nice variety of shots. Baskets are well placed, so that the few trees in the area are in play. For a college campus course, not terrible.
Cons: Echoing those before me, NO SIGNS! Were they to add simple signs for each hole, I could score this hole much higher.
It took me several hole to figure out that there actually were teepads, (the 3 x 3 landscaping blocks). Not the worst teepads I've played, but difficult to find (could be helped with signs....again). Could not find any teepad for hole 6 at all, even after 2 rounds.
Other Thoughts: If they put a little work into this course, it could be a nice course for beginners. The distances are "par-able" even for newbs, with challenge from the trees for the more experienced.

What do you do with leftover school property?

1    6/22/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: cydisc
Pros: A couple of interesting shots available
Cons: No real sense of where the course starts or where it goes.
Inadequate signage.
Natural tees.
One hole is sited a bit close to the street, so overthrown discs will end up on the pavement or hitting a car.
Other Thoughts: The course mostly travels through the back side of campus, near the railroad tracks.

It was difficult to find the start of the course as it wasn't very close to the parking lot. I'm not sure I found the actual #1 tee. I think I might have started on #2 and hoped to play #1 at the end. It was difficult to find your way around and took at bit of investigative work to locate the next tee, especially once you crossed the street to the other section of the park. I'd love to find a map of the course to see where I got lost.

1    4/15/2009   4/15/2009
Review By: EricBB
Pros: College girls
Cons: No signs
Other Thoughts: This course runs through the back of the Wartburg campus. I had heard only bad things about the course, but it was better than I expected. There are no signs and the teepads are hard to see (just 3 stone tiles for each) so it might be hard to find your way around the first time. Makes pretty good use of the space and trees. Holes 4 and 5 were EXACTLY identical open straight shots and just seemed like they were there for something to do on the walk between 3 and 6. A short drive from the other Waverly course so it's worth checking out if you're in the area.