Ypsilanti, MI
Water Works Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: leindecjoeld Hole #5 (Taken 10/2012)
Hole #5 Blue Tee

broken condom

1    7/29/2014   8/26/2014
Review By: W7amf
Pros: its a disc gold course, kinda
Cons: dirty
not marked mapped
found used condoms and needles
trashy
bum camp
Other Thoughts: this place is dirty. there were some bums camping by the river. the woody holes had trash and the park is kind of sketchy… not a place you'd want to be after dark. we literally found used needles and condoms on the course near the pins. didn't even finish. there are several nicer courses within a short drive. we didn't have much time and just picked one that was close to where we were. we chose poorly. a local club should really clean this place up.

Ruined by non-golfers.

1    8/24/2013   8/25/2013
Review By: Trizzor
Pros: • It has baskets.
• Very secluded
Cons: • Non Disc Golfers ruined it for me. See Other thoughts.
• Grass clippings covering 3 of 9 Tees, we had to search and search. Never did find 9.
Other Thoughts: I won't be going back to Waterworks anytime soon.

•At hole 2, there was a man and his two dogs camped out near the shore by the basket. He had his clothes hanging on the basket... he was trying to coach his dogs to attack the ducks. He wouldn't move, even when acknowledging us and being asked politely. The 12-pack of Bud Light is partially to blame.
•Hole 6 I think it was, maybe 5. A group of teens smoking, sitting right near the basket, again refusing to move.
•Hole 8, a Man and Woman letting their dog run free around the basket while they sat and chatted away maybe 30 feet from it.
•Hole 9, Couldn't find the tee pads. The grass was very very long before the last cut, making the clippings 5-6" long. The grass holes looked like a guile suit.

Lasting Impression: Well, I got to play 5 (6 if you count safari for #9) of the holes on this course. This course is another reason I wish all courses were pay-to-play or privately fenced.

Do not go here

2-4    5/23/2009   5/23/2009
Review By: bygwyllay
This review was updated on 8/21/2009
Pros: None. I didn't even bother playing the "holes" outside of the woods, since there were no markers or tees on anything. Just pick a spot and start throwing.
Cons: Looks abandoned. No tees for any hole. Site says it was created in 2007. I wondered if anyone has ever been there before. If they have they probably never went back and told their friends to skip it.
Other Thoughts: Random chainstars in a field. Two good holes through the woods, although it was ridiculously muddy even though it hadn't rained in two weeks. A river runs to the left so be careful about where you throw; you won't get your disc back if it goes in.

Skip this course in favour of Rolling Hills or even EMU's 9-hole.

Not on a drunken dare

1    4/22/2009   4/22/2009
Review By: ejvogie
This review was updated on 5/24/2009
Pros: Wooded holes will challenge your accuracy. Nice scenery by the river
Cons: Natural tees........if you can find them. A local gave me some directions to start, "That patch of brown" and "in front of that pile" were among the tee locations. I had to make my own tees for 4 out of 9 holes. Almost didn't find #8.
Other Thoughts: If I'm in the area again, I'll drive by this park and pay to play Rolling Hills.

*update* All this course really needs are marked teepads (concrete or natural, either way) and signage. That will gain at least 2 stars, maybe more.