Ypsilanti, MI
Water Works Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Innovadude Hole #5 (Taken 4/2012)
Hole #5 White Tee

Neighborhood "looks" sketchy but could be a nice course with some TLC

2-4    4/12/2014   4/12/2014
Review By: davetherocketguy
Pros: - Chainstar baskets with dual layer of chains which seem weathered a bit but are certainly in good repair.
- Brilliant course design on 2 through 6. Short-ish holes (depending on the tee) that play through the woods. These take good advantage of the existing terrain and features and put them to good use.
- Excellent risk/reward especially on #2. That river is intimidating. Throw a disc in there and you can kiss it bye bye in that fast moving water.
- General flow of the course feels natural for the most part.
- A great place to work on many aspects of the game from accuracy to distance.
- I love the fact that someone went through the trouble to install three tee pads per hole.
Cons: - It's only nine holes.
- Navigation is lacking. Sorry, have to disagree with some of the reviews here. Without the nice map provided in the files section on this site I would never have found my way around. Being able to see that on my iPhone helped immensely.
- Tee pads are atrocious. Their placement makes complete sense but are so muddy and rutted out it's hard to justify risking injury using them. Concrete pads would be a GIGANTIC improvement to this course.
- Next tee signs. I see someone had the rather novel idea to zip tie red tent stakes to the bottom of the baskets to indicate next tee. Unfortunately, knuckleheads have seen fit to destroy several of them. I would suggest a more permanent solution like paver bricks in the shape of an arrow at the base of the basket.
- #7 white tee goes right at the #8 blue tee. While I realize there are very few people on the course there is no reason to have this situation in my opinion.
- #9 tee throws really close to a roadway. One solution is to make the trees there a mando to reduce discs landing on the pavement.
Other Thoughts: This has the potential to be a 3 disc course if it had a little bit of money poured into it. I can certainly understand vandalism is a concern so tee signs may not be viable but just concrete pads alone would make a huge difference. There are some brilliant elements here so if you are in the area and need a quick round this is not a bad option. Don't let the neighborhood scare you. I've seen MUCH worse however I am not sure a glow round would be a good idea.

Water-needs-Work

1    9/14/2008   3/14/2009
Review By: o01shadow
Pros: This course is different. It has great potential with hole design and layout.

Right next to the river in a pretty little park.
Cons: The course is not well made or well maintained. There are no tee pads to be seen, and I found only two tees that were identifiable by markings on the ground.

The layout is hard to decipher. My brother and I spent about half an hour looking for pins, and found somewhere near 4.
Other Thoughts: The course has potential. However, it is in serious need of repair and marking. Also, due to construction, I found it hard to get to the course. Although this may not be the case now, be warned that Ypsilanti is hard to navigate in.