Ypsilanti, MI
Water Works Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Innovadude Hole #1 (Taken 8/2012)

Best 9 hole course in the area

5+    8/17/2012   9/1/2012
Review By: leindecjoeld
Pros: -Never busy
-Good mix of long and short tees
-Good mix of open and wooded holes (5 wooded and 4 open)
-People who play the course are helpful and nice
-Seems like the course is constantly being improved, every time I play there is a new change
-Red white and blue tees which cater to all skill levels
Cons: -Starting spots are tricky to find if you haven't played the course before
-course runs along a river, this can cause the ground to get very saturated in rainy season, especially on holes two and three.
Other Thoughts: I have played every nine hole course in the Ypsilanti region, and I would have to say that this is my favorite. There are never other players here, so you can play a round fast. I love swinging through on my way home from work and playing a quick nine. The course does sit in a sketchy neighborhood, but don't let this deter you from checking out the course. There may be some odd characters fishing in the river next to hole 2, but if you treat them like people and just say hi to them you will find that they are just as nice as anyone. I might think they look crazy fishing in the most polluted river I have ever seen, but they see me as some crazy guy throwing a disc around in the woods. All in all I have never felt nervous while playing a round.

home course

5+    3/25/2009   3/29/2009
Review By: cjkloster
Pros: never busy or rushed
nice escape from ghetto ypsi
3 blocks from my house
3 open holes in a feild so you can rip some long drives
challenging holes in woods
2nd hole goes along the river
(nice as long as you dont throw in water)
Cons: hard to navigate if you have never played before
only 9 holes
Other Thoughts: there are 9 baskets. the 6th basket is around a bend to the left once you throw out of the woods. you need to turn around and go left after hole 3 to get to hole 4.