New Hill, NC
Buckhorn DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bigbob777 Hole #7 (Taken 5/2015)
3 / 140ft.   3 / 201ft.   3 / 246ft.   3 / 246ft. Par / Distance:

Watch OUT on 15!!!!!!

1    12/15/2014   12/18/2014
Review By: gbbiv
Pros: I really liked the course and had a fun time playing... Until hole 15. See cons.
Cons: Very very bummed to walk up to the basket on 15 after an ace run and find that I lost one of my favorite discs in the water.... Need a huge sign at the tee warning about the water behind the basket.

B = Be too long for me to fully enjoy

2-4    4/26/2007   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- C+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C
Cons: OK, I admit it.....I am a lefty :)
That does not help my opinion - especially the water holes.
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.