Roseburg, OR
Whistler's Bend Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #2 (Taken 12/2013)
3 / 334ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

The best!

2-4    6/19/2013   6/19/2014
Review By: mbressler13
This review was updated on 6/25/2014
Pros: -Great tee pads
-Tee signs are LEGIT. They explain out the course really well and actually show accurately where the basket is.
-Pin locations change often. Matter of fact there were 3 holes that had the baskets changed into different locations overnight while we stayed at the camp.
-Top of World hole is pretty awesome. I think I threw every driver I had off it the first time up there.
-Plenty of benches and trash cans which are needed. This course is pretty demanding.
Cons: -Only bathroom is at beginning of course
-Noticed a little bit of poison oak, but this is Oregon so thats pretty much expected.
Other Thoughts: This course is amazing. Make sure to take plenty of water with you because it is physically demanding. Plenty of long bomber holes and quiet a few tight and technical holes as well. Really hole 9 and hole 14 are both "signature" holes. The design put into this course is just awesome. This is my favorite course that I have played so far. AMAZING! Love this place and can not wait to go back!

Outstanding!

1    5/19/2013   5/28/2013
Review By: Ski'ndisc
Pros: This is a beautiful well designed course set in an unbelievably picturesque setting.
No other use of the course area make it a selfish delight!
Great signage and tee pads!
Challenging! Great mix of holes, bring your accuracy and big armů 810 ft..down hill # 14.. so cool! Could've thrown from there all day!
What all disc experiences should be like!
Cons: ??
Bit out of the way.. (Not sure if this is a Con).
Other Thoughts: Gave the course and enthusiastic 5 rating for all the pro's, but also for the setting! Very beautiful. Did a 7 day disc playing tour of Oregon and Tahoe and we saw and played some amazing courses, bu this was definitely our favorite course! The serenity and beauty of the area are spectacular.
It was everything and more of what we expected to find in a out of the way stop in remote Oregon! Even if the course was bad, it would be hard to rate this experience below a 3! However, the course is fun to play and has something for every level of player. If you have non-disc players with you they will enjoy the experience as well!
A true hidden gem! If you're traveling the Oregon coast.. this is a must stop

Prestine's Mother

1    7/29/2012   7/30/2012
Review By: joy4all
Pros: -Signs are elite for tees
-pads are in top condition
-course is cut
-Altitude and elevation changes are drastic on some and make it an elite challange
-Hole fourteen at the water tower is breathtaking. An awe of awe shoot to stand and watch.
-hole thirteen is not evenb for the crusher, its for the uphill roller. Wow an elite shoot
-the trees in 1-2 are old growth.
-camper and hikers not in the way
-the Umpqua river shoots are picture perfect and punishable if you overshoot. Its just a donated plastic if your all gun no accuracy.
-some very tight tunnel shoots.
-course is even strength to lhbh and rhbh
-good solid length to course
-hikers paradise and nature reserve.
Cons: -none
Other Thoughts: the first course that requires a full shot bag of discs. You will to play great here use, flicks, backhands, big hyzer, annie hyzer, skips, rollers of all kinds, thumbers, scooby rollers and so on. This is Gods country so keep it clean!

Southern Oregon's Gem.

5+    3/10/2011   5/12/2011
Review By: warrenhol
Pros: The best of the best in SO. Cant say more than that. It has tight shots, long shots, uphill shots (like you wouldn't believe), downhill shots, water hazards in play, deer sightings often, beautiful weather. Great tee pads. Amazing views, bathrooms, camping, secluded, drinkable water... And I could go forever. I love this course and for what it is, nothing could be better. Thanks to whoever found this little niche hidden in the valley of the Umpqua and built a little piece of heaven.
Cons: hmmmm. Not much
Other Thoughts: Lots, and I mean lots, of hiking. Bring bottles there is fresh water available at the beginning of the round and after the top of the world shot if you go by the restrooms. Really this is a must see course.

Whistlers Bend Roseberg Oregon

5+    5/17/2010   1/17/2011
Review By: Discbear
Pros: For disc golfers this place is hallowed ground. The scenery is great. It borders the beautiful N.fork of the Umpqua River which makes for a great dip after a hot summer round. There are on site restrooms with showers. There is on site camping. This is the only course that I have seen a great horned owl on,and up close. There are bald eagles and deer and who knows what else. It's a special place even before you put a disc in your hands. As you progress through the round you will find it to be the Field of Dreams. The tee pads are great. The tee signs are great.The elevation shots are fun. There are beautiful forested holes, some really long ones, a few ace opportunities, a spectacular Top of the World shot on #14, and #9 is a daredevil hole. You could try for an ace but a little too far and your in the river. It is a destination course and well worth the effort to get there. I've never seen many people here except for tournaments. It's nice to have great drinking water at the parking area. The variety of holes is very appealing as well.
Cons: It is too far from my house so I can't play it near as often as I like. There is no con about the course in my opinion.
Other Thoughts: If in Oregon, play this course.

My Jessica Alba Course!

1    6/2/2010   6/2/2010
This review was updated on 10/1/2010
Pros: Whistler's Bend is Jessica Alba's face, Megan Fox's body, Angelina Jolie's lips, Farrah Fawcett's hair, Josh Groben's voice, Jerry Rice's hands, Mike Tyson's stare, your favorite Baskin and Robbins ice cream flavor, the Sistene Chapel, Paris in the spring and your faithful dog, along with your favorite bar all combined into one glorious central Oregon disc golf destination. It's the Rolls Royce of Northwest Disc Golf. From the drive heading to the park, your senses go on overload with the anticipation of the course and sheer beauty of the area. I don't know if there can be a more perfect physical setting for a course.
The course is so well designed. The holes that are not epic or masterpieces are simply wonderful, well designed, incredibly beautiful and enjoyable. The pads, signs, maintenance and cleanliness of the course are all a tribute to the local disc golf community.
Everyone raves about # 14, Whistler's most famous "Top Of The World." I've thrown DeLeaveaga's famous "Top Of The World" 18th hole and this is higher and so much more picturesque.

While # 14 is the signature hole here, # 3 was definitly my own personal favorite. It's about 260'-275' drive downhill through a 40' wide gap to a basket just waiting to be aced. You gotta be able to keep it straight.
Cons: My cons all seem so petty to me. I agree the first teepad on # 14 could be a bit longer without the dropoff at the end. It is a ways from civilization, stores, etc. And I'll agree about the lack of signage on the back nine. I don't know what happened here. The signs are excellent on the front nine.
Other Thoughts: I sound like a broken record when I keep harping on same thing, which is Oregon's wealth of 5 star rated courses. As much as I loved Pier Park, Mil McIver, Horning's Hideout and Dexter, Whistler's Bend stands in a class of it's own. But really, that's like having your choice between Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Megan Fox and the Sports Illustrated swimsuit models, can you really go wrong!

1    4/3/2010   5/23/2010
Review By: nonono
This review was updated on 6/3/2010
Pros: first couple of holes are shorter and more fun than the long ones cuz i can get a par or 2. its near the river so there is good views on the top of the big hill for the throw down. i think you can camp near if you like that
Cons: its really hard and windy and its a long way from the city so you cant goo here all the time. its hard to find and to find your way around too so ask someone the way to go
Other Thoughts: if you go to roseburg its a good course but its too far to drive in one day

Bend in the River - Disc Golf Adventure!

2-4    7/25/2009   8/16/2009
Review By: thrownow
This review was updated on 7/23/2010
Pros: A beautiful piece of land at this bend in the Umpqua River. Rent a Yurt or camp by the river and play a great course. Then jump in the river and float down to the campground. The course has good variety; open holes - some with good length, a nice wooded section that comes out to a couple of scary placements above the river (go downstream for the easy trail down). You will need your whole bag to solve the puzzle of which flight is best on the BIG downhill - #14.
Cons: It was hot there - but foolish to whine with the river right there! Wish it was closer to Corvallis - so I could play it when I visit there.
Other Thoughts: This is a Destination Adventure Disc Golf course. You can plan a disc golf vacation just to play this course and not be disappointed. Please note that I place a premium on natural beauty in my reviews - this course locale is the most beautiful that I have encountered.

Amazing

1    10/7/2008   7/6/2009
Review By: oregon disc
Pros: The course layout was fantastic (i was here last fall), very challenging, and incredibly capivating views. Top of the World, was one of the most fun holes ever!!! 12-15 second hang-time on a disc (we video recorded a few drives)!!
Cons: It's a bit of a drive (unless you live close to roseburg).. if you go, it's best to camp or at least play two rounds.. bring lunch, there is no vending within miles and miles..
Other Thoughts: I wish this course was my local course..

...Wow. Speachless.

1    8/12/2008   6/12/2009
Review By: BullBurner
Pros: What can I say that hasn't already been said? Out of this world beauty wrapped by an angellic bow that is the Umpqua River. This course makes me proud to be an Oregonian :D

The course is a nice mix of short technical holes and long open ones. Yes, there are a lot of the open ones in succession on the back 9 but I like it.

I believe it is hole #14, the "On top of the world" hole......holy crap. Now THAT'S an awesome hole. You know, when I played this course I had no idea that it was rated so high (I didn't even know about this site until yesterday) but I had a feeling that Whistler's was 1 version of Disc Golfing Nirvana.
Cons: None. But if you don't like 90+ degree weather I wouldn't go in the middle of the summer. Try Spring or fall.
Other Thoughts: The pics of this course on the site just don't do this course ANY justice at all. It is just absolutely jaw dropping to experience Whistler's and I consider myself very fortunate to be only 1 hour away from this amazing course.