Deschutes Nat'l Forest, OR
Willamette Pass Alpine DGC Share
Uploaded By: 420discgolf Hole #2 (Taken 8/2008)

Stunning!

1    7/6/2013   8/17/2013
Review By: adiscted
Pros: Where to start???
-IT'S A FRIKKIN MOUNTAIN! Lol
-Beautiful Scenery
-Great workout
-Riding a gondola to the top
-lots of challenge without being overwhelming
-lots of bomber shots
-good signage
-very nice employees
Cons: -wind can be a con; keep it low
-loose dirt can send you sliding down the hill in a couple spots
-$14 (totally worth it though)
-Bikers can come barreling down the hill at mach cheetah, eyes and ears open on this course!
-Plenty of potential to lose plastic
Other Thoughts: If you haven't played this course and you live in Oregon, then what are you waiting for? If you snowboard on willy pass, it's easy enough to explain the layout since it plays down the whole Rosary run. The views and experience I got from this course are unmatched to this day. I've only been playing for a little while, but I've seen quite a few courses in my few months of play, and this one is hands-down the most epic. Of course, you can't compare it to any other course other than maybe Bachelor, cause it's more than a course, IT'S A MOUNTAIN! If you live in driving range from Willy Pass, you need to play here at least once. You will not regret it! :)

wow

1    7/22/2012   7/25/2012
Review By: mopar
Pros: The scenery and the sky tram ride is awesome. There are many long downhill bomb holes but also a surprising number of holes that work you slightly back up hill with a good variety of pin locations requiring a variety of shots. (a much better layout than the back and forth down the ski slope that I expected). Someone did a good job planning the layout and working with the terrain. While the teepads are gravel, they were very level and well designed with stone pavers around the edges. I didn't have any footing issues. I don't think the pads ever see a lot of traffic.We were the only golfers on the mountain on a sunday in late july though we did see plenty of mtn bikers. Easy to navigate with sufficient signage that listed distance/par etc. Hot food and cold micro brews in the lodge. A very fun and challenging course.
Cons: 14 dollar lift ticket. Very steep terrain. It isn't very newbie/kid/senior citizen friendly. The wind only picked up for a very short time while we were there but I can see it being an issue. Plenty of chances to lose a disc with an errant shot.
Other Thoughts: After playing this course I didn't feel like I had just played another round. It was a disc golf experience. I have only played 25 or 30 different courses at this time but this is my new number one favorite even though I lost my favorite disc on hole #9...I should have thrown a tomahawk like I was told but I didn't think I was going to get it there. If anyone happens to find a orange star TL there is definitely a beer or 6 in it for you.

Don't expect to shoot a good score. Bring lots of water and wear good shoes...not a sandal course.

Well worth the 14 bucks. Play it, the course is amazing. I will be comparing others to this in the future...