Bennington, VT
Willow Park Share
Uploaded By: DaKineSurfer32 Hole #8 (Taken 10/2009)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

I Learned A Lesson-Park Over By # 9-Take The Long Walk First!

1    8/5/2015   8/5/2015
Pros: Everything at Willow Park felt a little old and used to me. I take that this park has been here for generations. I know for a fact that Ethan Allen, himself, built these baskets by hand in his little shop down on 4th Street back in 1785 or maybe 86. Of course, double chains weren't invented until much later.

The course plays around the perimeter of Willow Park. I think the designers did an admirable job with this design.The course has these big old tee signs which are quite faded. I thank the person who used his sharpie to record the distance and par on them. There are standard pads. Some holes are using the sidewalk (#1) or exciting concrete slab (# 2) while most are just natural surface. Some had a front board.

# 4 & 5 were both fun downhill throws. The basket on 4 was tucked in behind a couple of trees and four large rocks making this 317' downhill toss even more interesting. # 5 was interesting, too. It's 292' to a basket just in front of the woods, Then 6 & 7 play down this tight little path. # 8 is a fun, short 187' Ace run and then you finish with # 9's 455 toss across fields to a basket just in front of some tall grassy area.
Cons: Some more legible tee signs would be nice. Kind of like giving your house a fresh coat of paint!

What's with posting the Disc Golf Rules sign at # 4? That's kinda strange.

And of course, you gotta mention the tee pads.
Other Thoughts: My GPS lead me through the gate and I parked above # 1. So when I finished, I had this long walk and this was my third course played of the day. I spotted some locals parking down by # 9 and walking up to # 1. Ah, park there and take the long walk when you're not so tired. Put your faith in the locals!

I liked this course for the most part. I could see myself playing it on a regular basis.

Not as bad as these reviews

2-4    2/20/2013   3/1/2013
Review By: StevenFoster
Pros: Some of the holes had nice wide open downhill/uphill shots, woods fairways were good, I think some of these really bad reviews are from a previous layout. Signs showed me the flight path and length. View of the mountain and the Monument were great. It's actually a nice park.
Cons: baskets are very old and beat up, one basket I could not find (missing??) but they catch. I normally don't play 9-hole courses but have decided to play every course in northern/western New England to see what's around.
Other Thoughts: Just moved to the area from the midwest and am having fun exploring the courses around here. I probably won't be back to this one though as it seems there are other better ones to be explored.

Around the Park

1    8/14/2011   8/14/2011
Review By: VenV
Pros: Tees are sometimes on pavement, other times well built natural tees. Tee Signs for every hole had par, distance, and a good map. Clever path in one big circle around the park. Holes 2, 3, 6 and 7 are woodsy. Holes 1, 4, 5, 8 and 9 are open fields. Good placement of baskets with natural obstacles.
Cons: The next tee indicators were not easy to read or remember: they were on the last tee sign. Only one long hole, #9. Only one real short ace run hole, #8. Long walk between #9 & #1. No clear indicator where to start. Billboard introducing the sport is at hole #4. Walk from #4 to #5 is back up hill on south side of playground.
Other Thoughts: The low course rating from older reviews should be disregarded because recent improvements elevate the variety and difficulty. The photos on this website have the old hole #s: Old 1, 3, & 6 are no more. Old 2=5 now, 4 = 7, 5 =9, 7=1 sort of, and old 8 = 2 now.