Morton, MS
Moccasin Bend DGC Share
Uploaded By: JesusShoes Hole #17 (Taken 8/2009)

Challenging, especially with my game!

2-4    6/30/2010   7/9/2010
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Moccasin Bend is a challenging course from 1 to 18. Several short holes to start, that require pin point tee shots to clear the trees. Water provides hazards on a few holes. The longer holes also take well placed drives if you want the birdies. Quite a few memorable holes. #4 is a tunnel shot over 200+ feet of water. Options are limited from most of the tees, testing your ability to make many different types of drives. Play moves fairly fast since the course isn't crowded, and felt compact to me. The park is easy to get to from I-20, and discs are for sale at the entrance.
Cons: No concrete on the tee boxes bothered me a little, some were worse than others. Improving the tees would push my rating to 4 discs. I would say one or two of the fairways were non-existent, if I hadn't watched Ken drive them most of the way to the pin.
Other Thoughts: I will most likely revisit the Bend for a shot at redemption. We played twice, and my 2nd round was one shot higher than the first. A very good course in a picturesque setting. Thanks to MagicTenor1 for suggesting, and then guiding my journey through Moccasin Bend.