2 Helpful / 0 Not
18 Hole Course on Ski Trails
Pros: -Front 9 are very easy and are very family friendly.
-Full 18 hole course taking you to the top of the mountain on a chairlift that provides difficulty on the back 9.
-Hole 10 and 18 are on the top of ski slopes and very fun to bomb throws off of.
Cons: -Not a free course ($15 for a lift ticket to back 9)
-Water hazard on hole 11 can be a problem since it's located close to the basket.
-Not well maintained...grass is mowed every once in a while and in some spots it is waist high.
-Hole 17 has a cliff on the left side that you can easily lose a disc on.
Other Thoughts: Overall, it is a good course but it has a bunch of negatives. Great view from the top of the mountain and a chairlift that over looks a "mountain coaster." Mountain coaster was a very fun attraction that you can ride after you finish your round.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Lots of elevation, water hazard on top of the mountain, and plenty of great views.
Food and beer can be purchased in the adventure park building
Lots of activities for non-discgolfing family members.
Bathrooms on site, just outside adventure park building.
Map provided, but it is not numbered.
Cons: Grass tees are just 2 sticks with a par written on them.
No tee for hole one, started the course with safari golf.
Had to play around dune buggies, segways, and mountain bikers,
Biggest con is that you only get 1 lift for $15, so you can not play the course multiple times.
A few spots where navigation was difficult
Other Thoughts: It is a must play once, but not worth the $15 a round to play over and over
To give you an idea of the elevation, there is a 15 minute lift ride up to the top of the mountain to play 9 holes
Top 9 is challenging, bottom 9 is a bunch of aceable holes marked par 4 and 5.
You can rent a dx starter kit for $5
Par for the bottom 9 was made for new players, not those with experience.
- - - - - - - - -- -
Hole by hole
1. Short flat open hole, currently with no tee pad.
2. Uphill wide open 180 foot shot
3. 200 foot down hill shot, easy hole, but easy to over throw. Road on the right. (marked par 4)
4. uphill 262 foot wide open shot (marked as a par 5, but obviously a 3)
5. 216 foot hole starts with a wall of trees with a decent sized window to throw through, then opens up to wide open hole. If you fade left the hole goes steep downhill.
6. 200 foot wide open with steep downhill on the left.
7. Wide open 276 foot downhill
8. 141 foot putter shot, wide open.
9. Bag empting 186 foot downhill shot towards a pile of rocks and 2 trees with about 30 feet of elevation change. Last hole before 15 minute lift ride.
10. Awesome top of the world shot over 600 feet with probably 100 feet of elevation change.
11. Slight right dogleg with water on the right. (probably around 250-280ish feet)
12. Blind basket tucked behind a patch of woods with 3 possible paths, a left S, wide right, or very tight tunnel up the middle. (under 300 feet)
13. Clear fairway slight uphill S shot
14. Hole is on the edge of a massive drop, but you play parallel with the drop, so elevation only comes into play if you fade right or your putter rolls right.
15. 15-20 foot fairway with thick brush on both sides.
16. slight down hill down a 15-20 foot wide fairway with a drop off and thick brush on the left, and thick woods on the right.
17. Downhill dogleg left, similar to hole 16 with far greater chance of disc loss and brutal thorns on the right.
18. Another top of the world shot about 600 feet with over 100 foot elevation change. Basket slightly left, but you could see where people overthrew the basket by 200 feet to land on the roof.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 0 Not
Good, but not Great
Pros: The first 9 holes are great for either a warm up, someone wanting to try out the game, or for something that whole family can do. There is only one hole that goes through a section of woods about 10' wide and the rest is in an open area. Hole 10 was a lot of fun because it was a drop down a big hill with a great view of Deep Creek Lake. Hole 11 is a little jog around a small pond which was a nice little water hazard. Hole 12-13 are nice because the baskets were behind a patch of woods with a path open on both sides, so you are able to use which ever curve you are most comfortable with. Hole 18 is another long downhill and open shot just like 10, but without the view. The fairway was well maintained throughout the whole course which made it really easy to find your way around.
Cons: Hole 1-9 are very little challenge, so probably wouldn't be much fun if you had some disc golf experience under your belt. Hole 14 has grass on the downhill side that would swallow any disc that gets near it. Hole 16-17 are nothing but a pain! The fairway is about 30'-40' wide with the rough not forgiving at all. The right side of the path is a steep uphill that has a lot of underbrush that would make it easy to lose a disc. The left side of the hill is a very steep hill with a lot more underbrush than the right side. If your disc goes off the fairway on the left, you will most likely either lose it in the underbrush or it will roll down the hill where it would probably never be seen again. Hole 16 also has a mountain bike trail that is not that noticeable until you go to throw and all of a sudden a guy goes barreling through the fairway on a mountain bike. It's not too bad, just a little distracting. The rough is ridiculous on the back 9 holes. I have never seen so many thorns, ferns, and any kind of plant that you could think of that would make your disc hard and annoying to find.
Other Thoughts: The cost for the front 9 holes is $10. The cost for all 18 is $15 which included the lift pass to get you from hole 9 to 10. There is a $5 deposit on the disc if you rent some there. The $5 includes a putter, a mid-range driver, and a long range driver. It is almost worth spending the extra $5 to have their disc to use on hole 16 & 17 so you don't have to worry about losing your own disc.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.