7 Helpful / 3 Not
D+ = Designed for Frisbees
Pros: This is a very unique course like none I have seen in the around 200 courses I have played. The well manicured grassy fairways are cut through very dense underbrush. These very narrow and twisting fairways do not lend themselves at all to the flight path of a golf disc.
As such, this course is best suited for play with catch discs....lids....superclass discs. I would rate this course highly for the fun-factor of playing it that way. I feel bad that I have to rate this course very low when compared to courses designed for true disc golf.
What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B (The only way to "go for it" on this course is up 'n over - thumbers and tomahawks - into blind landing zones. The risk is being unable to throw out from your lie.....and losing your disc!)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == D (The holes that are lond enough to be a challenge have a shape that is not throwable)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C- (less than half the holes require you to do more than throw a putter 150')
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B (Feeling completely secluded in nature is the best feature of this course)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
7 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.