Rockton, IL
Woodlands Share
Uploaded By: erickmj   (Taken 10/2011)

D+ = Designed for Frisbees

1    7/2/2009   7/3/2009
Pros: This is a very unique course like none I have seen in the around 200 courses I have played. The well manicured grassy fairways are cut through very dense underbrush. These very narrow and twisting fairways do not lend themselves at all to the flight path of a golf disc.

As such, this course is best suited for play with catch discs....lids....superclass discs. I would rate this course highly for the fun-factor of playing it that way. I feel bad that I have to rate this course very low when compared to courses designed for true disc golf.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B (The only way to "go for it" on this course is up 'n over - thumbers and tomahawks - into blind landing zones. The risk is being unable to throw out from your lie.....and losing your disc!)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == D (The holes that are lond enough to be a challenge have a shape that is not throwable)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C- (less than half the holes require you to do more than throw a putter 150')
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B (Feeling completely secluded in nature is the best feature of this course)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A