0 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: Great course
Mix or shots with varying lefts, rights and straights
Well kept fairways
Easy to follow (until 17)
Cons: Having to pay to play is always a :(
Other Thoughts: Course reminded me of some of the places i use to play back when I lived in Ohio!
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Holy Yucaipa !!
Pros: Hot in Palm Springs but comfortable to play here. Fun layout not overly long but with the hedging and waterways challenging to score well. Good use of the elevation changes and good mix of in and out shots.
Cons: We played on a nice day and folks were starting to fill the park. Had to change a couple or three tee boxes to avoid beaning anyone. Worked out though and didn't compromise play too much.
Other Thoughts: Very nice large park with 4 lakes stocked with trout and a big man made sandy swimming beach and massive waterslide for a aftergame cooldown, must be smoking hot here when she warms up. Good on yah for building parks on this scale. Enjoy.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: wonderful course! would not play here on a weekend, but nobody here on weekdays! had course almost completely to ourselves.
very kid friendly.
excellent manicured lawns.
water only comes into play on 1.5 holes.
wonderful amount of elevation change.
tons of OB/road hazards to make even the short pin placements challenging.
campgrounds on site make it a great overnight destination!
Cons: i believe it is stupid hot here in summer.
also on easter type holidays disc golf is basically unplayable.
Other Thoughts: love it!
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
11 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. To start the course has very nice, grippy teepads that are marked by the hole numbers.
2. The course has 32 pin placements.
3. The local club and park rotate the baskets regularly, nice to see so the course doesnt get stagnate.
4. Course features many holes with elevation changes and challenges.
5. OB, lots of OB on the course that feels like a risk and reward kind of feature. 16 holes on the course have OB areas and some really test your shot selection.
6. Bathrooms are located near holes 1,2,4,8,10,11,12, and 18. So you have many chances to use it.
7. Drinking fountains are located near 4-5 holes.
8. The beautiful lakes come into play on a few holes and the scenary is amazing. Some of the best views of the mountains and valley can be seen from the course.
9. All the Innova discatchers are in good shape and solid.
10. Parking, there are around 20-30 spots near hole 1 and another 10 spots near hole 2's teepad/ hole 8's basket.
11. Course features grass fairways with plenty of tree canopys for the summertime.
12. In the spring and summer months on the weekends, the park has an employee driving around in a golf cart selling drinks and food.
13. course features two island holes that are pretty cool, especially since there back to back holes.
14. course allows you to empty your bag and throw any type of shot. from rollers to thumbers.
15. There are plenty of trash cans scattered throughout the course and this allows you to empty your bags quicker and no need to pack any trash out on this course.
16. Park also features many more ammenities like water park, fishing, hiking, camping, picnicing, and more.
Cons: 1. First noticeable thing I find bad about this course is the lack of signs to tell you where to start or go at first when entering the park.
2. No tee signs, sure the pads have numbers on them but you have no hole distances to reference or go off of.
3. No arrows or signs to follow to the next tee pads.
4. The walk from hole 1 to hole 2 can be confusing and long.
5. The walk from hole 16 to hole 17's tee pad is a design flaw.
6. The actual pad for hole 17 is there but the basket is rarely in and can be confusing to first timers at the park.
7. 19 hole course with only 18 baskets.
8. The park entrance fee can be seen as a con and pricey, especially on the weekends.
9. Hole 6 runs along the water and can be pretty crowdedattimes making the hole unplayable.
10. Park gets heavy traffic from picnicers in the spring and sumer making many holes unplayable.
11. Park doesnt limit the parking areas for the fisherman and a lot of times hole 11 will have cars park near the basket, this also occurs on hole 10 and 18.
12. There is a huge wooden board near hole 1 thats blank , this needs to be used as a sign or something to promote the disc golf course. Even if it just said disc golf start here.
13. Closest store is about 1-2 miles down the road from the course, make sure to keep your receipt if you leave the park so you dont get charged again when u come back.
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice course to visit and play anytime of the year. Park is really geared for all ages with all the extra ammenities. Another cool feature is the veterans life time pass for free admission into the park. I play this course all the time and feel it has been a perfect launching pad for me to winning many tournaments around southern california. This course will give anyone a solid test and good time. I try to play the course early in the summer months and usually the rest of the year its fine to play anytime of the day. Park has plans to expand the disc golf course to two 18 hole courses in the future.
11 of 11 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Variety of holes - wooded, tight lines balanced with open shots
Plenty of mature trees
Well used obstacles
Quality baskets and cement tee pads
Good flow of course design (except for 16 and 17 uphill shot, downhill walk, uphill shot)
Signature 'over the lake' shot
Well maintained, scenic park
Other activities at park (playgrounds, waterslide, swim lake, hiking, camping, fishing, picnic areas)
Fun, enjoyable course to play
Cons: Entry fee
Can be crowded with non-disc golfers (mainly on weekends during summer)
Other Thoughts: A second 18 holes has been talked about and could make this a premier course of so cal...
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
9 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This course offers great variety. It makes great use of the varied elevation, wooded areas, and water available in the park. It even uses roads for some creative OB in some areas.
The park itself is clean and well maintained and provides a very scenic setting for disc golf.
There is a nice mix of short technical holes as well as longer, more open holes.
I really like hole 6. It provides a nice picturesque water carry, while offering a safe route for anyone intimidated by the water.
Cons: There are a few potential trouble spots where the course plays near areas that could be in use by other park users. When I played there was a whole crowd of fishermen by the water. They were all aware of the course and made sure to watch out while we threw, but there is potential trouble here.
Also using roads as OB always presents potential dangers. Particularly hole 10 which plays up an island between a road and parking area. It plays uphill towards a bend in the road such that oncoming traffic is not directly visible off the tee.
Some better signage would be nice, but not necessary as navigation is pretty straight forward.
Other Thoughts: This was one of my favorite courses on my Southern California trip. It's not as polished as other courses in terms of signage and tees, but the actual hole design more than makes up for it. The nice variety of holes kept the course from feeling repetitive. Each hole felt like it was very well thought out and brought a new unique feature of the landscape into play.
I would definitely return to this course over and over again.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Tee-Pads are excellent.
Scenery is beautiful.
Cages are excellent.
Layout and course flow is decent until the last couple holes.
Map is good.
Good variety of shots required and cage locations.
Cons: Course could be crowded on the weekend and then become almost unplayable.
Scorecard does not have yardage or pars.
Other Thoughts: Really fun course with a good mix of shots required. A beginner can play most holes and have a good time and the seasoned vet will have a good time with the distance and accuracy to shoot low scores. All in all, I'd make it a stop for sure on your way to Palm Springs or any time you're in the area!
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Scenic and Challenging Course
Pros: Good variety of shots from tee and fairways. Excellent tee pads - 10 feet long and at grade with ground. Nice and tacky with stamped tee numbers on each box. Most holes have 3 different pin postions. Good use of OB using water, drainage channels, and roads. Good use of elevation. Mostly grassy fairways; however, the grass is usually thick which doesn't promote rollers or skips - can save the wayward shot though. Very scenic couse in a nice park setting with camping and fishing.
Cons: Not open in the summer due to heavy camping crowds and fishing.
Other Thoughts: They have a really good map of the course if you ask for one at the front. They hold monthlies on the first Saturday of the month, and have a pretty good turn out for most divisions.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: nice park, easy to find each tee, couple different elevation changing shots, good distances from tee to basket, variety, cheap price (walk in is $2 and it takes 5 minutes to get to tee 1, worth the walk but if you have a few people in the car pay the car fee and check out the rest of the park) holes 5 7 12 16 18 are very challenging good job on those
Cons: some holes could have a lot of traffic of cars and people, 17 basket missing, not sure when the baskets get moved to wrightwood
Other Thoughts: i thought this course was thought out pretty good and could improve a couple of holes to make it a better course
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.