Cloudcroft, NM
Hole #1 Blue Tee

Hardly Worth the Trip

1    5/10/2016   5/10/2016
Review By: markmcc
Pros: I'll try to be kind here. I can appreciate the effort that goes in to installing a course, and I'm happy to see that Cloudcroft has a 9-hole course. That being said, I wouldn't go to much effort to play this one.

Baskets are in good shape, and there are some tees with rubber tee pads and signs. A few of the shots call for shaping your drive through trees.
Cons: This is a small, multi-use park, and I question if it was a good place to install a disc golf course. Many of the holes play alongside a highway or across playgrounds or parking lots. In fact, it seems like there is a path, road, structure or play area near just about every hole.

I had the map and scorecard, but many of the tee positions shown are no longer in place or are so overgrown that I could not locate them. Never found any tee for Hole 3. I did find some constructed tees and signs, but overall navigation is a big issue.

Depending on the tee position, Holes 4 and 5 play over/through a play area which is just a bad idea. And Hole 9 requires that you throw across the main parking lot and around the ticket office for the skating rink. If there is even a single vehicle parked in the that part of the lot it isn't a safe hole.

Some very thick unmaintained areas of rough.
Other Thoughts: I came to the area to play Camp of the Tall Pines DGC and picked this one up on the way to lunch. I'd play it only if I was already in the area.

1    8/23/2009   8/24/2009
Review By: todd75
Pros: Very easy for a beginner. Most all shots are straight to basket. Some very nice scenery and very comfortable weather when the desert is hot.
Cons: Not really any technique required. Some of the tees are a bit hard to find. Had to play right next to playground which seemed to make the mothers of some of the kids uncomfortable'
Other Thoughts: Would play it again if passing through Cloudcroft, but won't go out of my way to get there.

only worth playing on way to Ruidoso

1    8/30/2008   8/31/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: It has some rubber tees and some signs, 3 sets of tees and a few decent holes. Nice views getting to it. Disc sales up the hill from it
Cons: Mostly overgrown, worn out, broken baskets and poorly marked. Also not well maintained.