In need of some love...
Pros: The course itself looked like it would be pretty good, except a recent storm had destroyed a lot of the trees in the area, completely changing the lines for over half of the holes.
Despite the damage there are plenty of interesting shots, including a couple of blind approaches and over-water shots.
Cons: The course is listed as having 18 holes, but try as we might, we couldn't find the pin for hole 2 as per the map. There wasn't even a hole in the ground.
Tees are not very well marked, with the red and blue bricks scattered all over (likely due to groundskeepers moving them to mow the grass). Only about half of the baskets are numbered, and only abut 1/3 have par/distance signs at the tee.
Other Thoughts: I'd say that this course has great potential if a work party could be arranged to clean everything up. Based on previous reviews, I feel bad rating it this low as it looks like the storm is largely to blame for all of the "cons" above.
Pros: * Fantastic upkeep and grooming.
* The course has evolved incredibly over the past few years due in no small part to the Algonquin Disc Golf Club, Dusan Nedelko and the Town of South River
* Brand new fairway was just put in a month ago but is an amazing addition to the course.
* The new additions make for a new technical hole with dog legs that can be tricky but well well thought out.
Cons: * Some of the tee pads could be longer but I know that's in the works.
* Grass on the new fairway needs some time to grow in but that's also being looked after.
* None! Get up there and play this course is a gem.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The locals here did a great job building this course. Many come down from North Bay to play here, despite the fact they have one of the nicest courses around up there. I imagine its only gotten better since its inception. Deshaun (I think) is the course pro, and a great developer of the game of disc golf.
Cons: Its a little bit tough to find your way around, and at the time a few baskets were temporary.
Other Thoughts: If you're in cottage country, go play this course, its definitely worth it.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.